Christians continue to be persecuted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 06:56 AM
RE: Christians continue to be persecuted.
(09-10-2014 10:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why is it always Christians, Republicans, and southerners who display so much fucking contempt and ignorance of the laws of the country they claim to love?

Because revanchism helps them beat the war drums and get people to the polls. When they've run out of things taken away to complain about, they'll fabricate issues to get people riled up.

The best example I can think about on this matter is prayer in public schools. I've never once talked to a person who complained about it who actually knows what the rule is. They think that the evil atheist government has banned prayer in schools, when it's only banned institution-lead prayer; kids can still pray and lead prayers.

Another one is the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Most people who feel that they're being attacked when people want to remove those words don't realize that my dad has been alive longer than those words have been in the pledge. A statistically significant portion of whiners on this issue have been alive longer than this particular "sacred institution" has existed.

I'm sure in 2016, they'll be telling stories about Obama lining up Christians and personally shooting them all in the back of the head with the guns he took from them. It's not like they even need facts when shrieking their revanchist cries, anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-10-2014, 06:57 AM
We aren't all lucky enough to become honorary Massholes who know all about US history because they'd be yelled at by wild red Irish heritaged ladies if they get things wrong... maybe just that's my experience with the state but it's why I see people know things up there.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-10-2014, 06:58 AM
(10-10-2014 06:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 09:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  What the fuck people? Shocking

Have you never heard of civil rights? How about we start with the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Why is it Christians, Republicans, and southerners are so fucking contemptuous and ignorant of the laws of the country they claim to love?

Why are all old people so cantankerous?

Drinking Beverage

Am I doing this right?

Perhaps they're old enough to have lived through the shitstorm that was the civil rights movement in the US.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-10-2014, 07:20 AM
(10-10-2014 06:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 09:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  What the fuck people? Shocking

Have you never heard of civil rights? How about we start with the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Why is it Christians, Republicans, and southerners are so fucking contemptuous and ignorant of the laws of the country they claim to love?

Why are all old people so cantankerous?

Drinking Beverage

Am I doing this right?

No, because you didn't read my follow-up post where I admitted that was an unfortunate phrasing and gave one closer to my meaning.

Now get off my lawn. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2014, 07:24 AM
(10-10-2014 06:57 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  We aren't all lucky enough to become honorary Massholes who know all about US history because they'd be yelled at by wild red Irish heritaged ladies if they get things wrong... maybe just that's my experience with the state but it's why I see people know things up there.

Try learning some actual history, then we'll consider you for membership.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2014, 07:25 AM
(10-10-2014 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why are all old people so cantankerous?

Drinking Beverage

Am I doing this right?

No, because you didn't read my follow-up post where I admitted that was an unfortunate phrasing and gave one closer to my meaning.

Now get off my lawn. Angry

*gets on the sidewalk*

Oh no, I read it.

I just didn't pass up the opportunity.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-10-2014, 03:11 PM
(10-10-2014 06:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Google "protected class" silly. Tongue

No, I meant I went to Google the incident I previously described. I can't find anything on it, so I'm likely misremembering something, if not the whole thing.

Nope. You ain't wrong. Utah juice bar charges liberals an extra dollar for a drink

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-10-2014, 03:49 PM
(10-10-2014 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  No, I meant I went to Google the incident I previously described. I can't find anything on it, so I'm likely misremembering something, if not the whole thing.

Nope. You ain't wrong. Utah juice bar charges liberals an extra dollar for a drink

I belong to a crew team. I better get over there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-10-2014, 11:50 AM
(10-10-2014 03:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 06:48 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  No, I meant I went to Google the incident I previously described. I can't find anything on it, so I'm likely misremembering something, if not the whole thing.

Thanks. I had just enough details wrong that I couldn't find it with Google.
11-10-2014, 12:16 PM
.... so, wait. How much do liberal, pro-drilling crew-team members pay?