Christians continue to be persecuted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 07:07 AM
RE: Christians continue to be persecuted.
(08-10-2014 06:59 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 12:09 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Oh what are the fuckheads whining about now?

I don't know. I have him on ignore, but I can assume he said something profoundly retarded about the majority religion in America being persecuted.

I made a thread about this a while ago when I realized just how much fundamentalists like believing they're persecuted. It's the weirdest thing. They complain about it like it's terrible, but you always get this vibe from them that they're enjoying the whole situation. I guess it makes them feel profoundly correct.
They get bonus points for being persecuted, although no Christian in this country is actually persecuted. For some reason the equate being told no with persecution.

I see it as a small child screaming "it's not fare" when being told they can not do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Karma is a bitch - what goes around comes around you delusional and arrogant twits!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
08-10-2014, 07:52 AM
(08-10-2014 06:39 AM)natachan Wrote:  Oh noes! You're being forced to follow the same anti-discrimination laws as EVERYBODY FUCKING ELSE. How unfair!

That's a great point. If they were arguing that private business owners should have the right to deny service to whoever they want, then at least the argument would be consistent. But this is saying that under the current system they (Christian business owners) should be allowed to discriminate against who they want, even though no one else can. There are only 2 consistent arguments: all discrimination in the private sector is allowed or none is allowed. Making them adhere to standards everyone else is held to is NOT in fact persecution.
[+] 4 users Like dogerdog's post
08-10-2014, 07:55 AM
(08-10-2014 07:52 AM)dogerdog Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 06:39 AM)natachan Wrote:  Oh noes! You're being forced to follow the same anti-discrimination laws as EVERYBODY FUCKING ELSE. How unfair!

That's a great point. If they were arguing that private business owners should have the right to deny service to whoever they want, then at least the argument would be consistent. But this is saying that under the current system they (Christian business owners) should be allowed to discriminate against who they want, even though no one else can. There are only 2 consistent arguments: all discrimination in the private sector is allowed or none is allowed. Making them adhere to standards everyone else is held to is NOT in fact persecution.

Thanks for giving me a synopsis of the link so I didn't have to click it! Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
08-10-2014, 08:08 AM
(08-10-2014 04:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 11:40 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/0...n-at-home/
Atheists can continue to try to silence the voice of God but God will never be silenced!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRARLRtOeIiD44PJ93SLyg...GbbvLyGhiQ]

Of course, this begs the question as to why the supposedly all-powerful Jewgod is having any sort of trouble when it comes to its voice being 'silenced'.

"let there be light" god said to himself like a loon
are we really supposed to expect anything logical after knowing this ?
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
08-10-2014, 08:16 AM
(08-10-2014 07:52 AM)dogerdog Wrote:  

Fleshing out this point with an example:

In my business I rent apartments. If on my application it asked for religious affiliation I would be breaking the law. I could skirt the law by refusing to rent to anyone who wears a cross however, and say I don't condone torture or anyone who shows an outward manifestation of a torture device.

I wonder if I could say I don't rent to anyone who believes in imaginary creatures becuase that is a sign of mental instability and I don't want any delusional people living in my building?

Could I say to a judge (because this is where it'll end up at some point) "The applicant told me that an invisible being speaks to them and tells them what to do, I need to lookout for the safety of the other tenants and that is why I refused to rent to them". How do you think that would play?

The good thing is that I can refuse to rent to anyone as long as it isn't due to their race, gender or religious beliefs. "I don't like how you wear your hair" is a perfectly legitimate reason but I don't give a reason when I turn someone down, I simply say your application was not accepted. If they ask why I say the decision came from the main offices and I wasn't told why even though there aren't any main offices and it is all up to me.

I suppose I would like to be able to say, without the fear of being taken to court, that I didn't accept an application because you believe in woo but that's not the American Way.

I do get creeped out though when I walk into apartment 11 and see this:

[Image: 007.JPG]

but they pay on time Thumbsup so I tolerate the wierdness.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-10-2014, 08:19 AM
(08-10-2014 08:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 07:52 AM)dogerdog Wrote:  That's a great point. If they were arguing that private business owners should have the right to deny service to whoever they want, then at least the argument would be consistent. But this is saying that under the current system they (Christian business owners) should be allowed to discriminate against who they want, even though no one else can. There are only 2 consistent arguments: all discrimination in the private sector is allowed or none is allowed. Making them adhere to standards everyone else is held to is NOT in fact persecution.

Fleshing out this point with an example:

In my business I rent apartments. If on my application it asked for religious affiliation I would be breaking the law. I could skirt the law by refusing to rent to anyone who wears a cross however, and say I don't condone torture or anyone who shows an outward manifestation of a torture device.

I wonder if I could say I don't rent to anyone who believes in imaginary creatures becuase that is a sign of mental instability and I don't want any delusional people living in my building?

Could I say to a judge (because this is where it'll end up at some point) "The applicant told me that an invisible being speaks to them and tells them what to do, I need to lookout for the safety of the other tenants and that is why I refused to rent to them". How do you think that would play?

The good thing is that I can refuse to rent to anyone as long as it isn't due to their race, gender or religious beliefs. "I don't like how you wear your hair" is a perfectly legitimate reason but I don't give a reason when I turn someone down, I simply say your application was not accepted. If they ask why I say the decision came from the main offices and I wasn't told why even though there aren't any main offices and it is all up to me.

I suppose I would like to be able to say, without the fear of being taken to court, that I didn't accept an application because you believe in woo but that's not the American Way.

I do get creeped out though when I walk into apartment 11 and see this:

[Image: 007.JPG]

but they pay on time Thumbsup so I tolerate the wierdness.

That would scare the shit out of me every night getting a midnight snack. How does anybody deal with that in their house?!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
08-10-2014, 08:42 AM
(07-10-2014 11:40 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/0...n-at-home/
Atheists can continue to try to silence the voice of God but God will never be silenced!

Let's see:

Loves hell, in other words the idea of tortuously burning people without an end. CHECK.

Makes threads and then disappears. CHECK.

Link is from Fox News. CHECK.

Nah, not going to bother with this. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
08-10-2014, 08:48 AM

God will never be silenced?? Really? Since when has he ever said anything to begin with? Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Whiny idiots who don't know what persecution is.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson