Christians continue to be persecuted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Christians continue to be persecuted.
(08-10-2014 06:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  If we allowed businesses to discriminate against who they serve wouldn't that just lead us back into segregation?
I could easily see this behavior turning into outright bigotry/racism with very possible violent attacks being pepetrated against anyone who didn't 'fit' the so-called 'norm'. Welcome back to the early '60's in southern America.
I'd like to know exactly how you think this type of society would be good for anyone.

Your asking for a depth of thinking that, if he were capable of it, would make him an atheist. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Quote:If we allowed businesses to discriminate against who they serve wouldn't that just lead us back into segregation?
I could easily see this behavior turning into outright bigotry/racism with very possible violent attacks being pepetrated against anyone who didn't 'fit' the so-called 'norm'. Welcome back to the early '60's in southern America.
I'd like to know exactly how you think this type of society would be good for anyone.

There doesn't need to be any violence I don't know why you would think that. But it's all very simple. If discriminates against - let's say blacks then those people can make their own business! Or another can be created to serve them. No need for the government to come barging in.

Quote:The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 14:1
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2014, 07:10 PM
(08-10-2014 07:07 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  
Quote:If we allowed businesses to discriminate against who they serve wouldn't that just lead us back into segregation?

There doesn't need to be any violence I don't know why you would think that. But it's all very simple. If discriminates against - let's say blacks then those people can make their own business! Or another can be created to serve them. No need for the government to come barging in.

Discrimination breeds animosity, which inherently breeds violence. How old are you? Have you ever read a book?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-10-2014, 07:11 PM
(08-10-2014 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your asking for a depth of thinking that, if he were capable of it, would make him an atheist. Drinking Beverage

It's far worse than that. If all I ask is that you at least fucking read your own idiotic irrational propaganda before commenting on it they still fail miserably. Apparently for them reading is not fundamental.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-10-2014, 07:16 PM
(08-10-2014 07:07 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  

Except we tried that and it didn't work. So we decided that if a person is going to open a business they lose the right to discriminate in terms of their clientele.

Ideally I would agree that a private business owner should be able to decide who they allow into their private property. But that didn't work, and in the interest of the general welfare we as a society have decided that when you open a business to the general public you lose the right to discriminate about who you serve.
08-10-2014, 07:24 PM
So what about the signs in some businesses saying that they can refuse service to anyone? Are they against the law?

Quote:The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Psalm 14:1
08-10-2014, 07:29 PM
(08-10-2014 06:54 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  The constitution has been amended many times before - no reason it can't be changed again.

Go for it; you will fail because you are on the wrong side of history.

08-10-2014, 07:30 PM
(08-10-2014 07:24 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  So what about the signs in some businesses saying that they can refuse service to anyone? Are they against the law?

It depends on why they were refused.
Are you going to ignore the previous posts?
08-10-2014, 07:35 PM
(08-10-2014 07:24 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  So what about the signs in some businesses saying that they can refuse service to anyone? Are they against the law?

No. They don't make discrimination based on race, gender, or those things. They work on the idea that there are certain social conventions that we expect everyone to abide by. You know that in order for most businesses to enforce that you have to be rude or in some way disruptive.

In the same way a business can require a suit and tie, or some other form of etiquette. That's just the way out society works.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
08-10-2014, 07:36 PM

They can put up whatever sign they want. What they can't do is discriminate based on race, gender, religion, or a protected class.