Christians continue to be persecuted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: Christians continue to be persecuted.
(08-10-2014 06:22 PM)natachan Wrote:  If you wanted to make a case for private business owners to be allowed to discriminate in their private business as they see fit you might have an argument. But that's not what you're asking. You are asking to get an exception to a law everyone else has to follow and claiming persecution when you're treated like everyone else.

How is this persecution?

"People I don't even know and who would probably hate me if they did are not allowed to be vindictive douchenozzles when operating a public business! Waaaaaaaaa!" Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Someone clearly doesn't understand discrimination and why it was a huge problem with businesses refusing service.

You know, what if a public business refused service because you were Christian. Would you have something to say about that? Then why would it be the same for a lack of belief in gods? Belief in different gods? Sexual orientation? Skin color? Gender? Body type?

Point being: who you are as a person should not be the sole reason to deny service.
[+] 2 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post
09-10-2014, 06:23 AM
(07-10-2014 11:40 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/10/0...n-at-home/
Atheists can continue to try to silence the voice of God but God will never be silenced!

It gets its opinions from Fox News. How cute.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
09-10-2014, 06:25 AM
(08-10-2014 06:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  Good luck with that. Your opinion is not consistent with the 14th Amendment.

Amendment XIV Wrote:No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

If he hates the 1st Amendment, what makes you think he cares about (or even knows about) the 14th?
09-10-2014, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 08:23 AM by Reltzik.)
(08-10-2014 06:28 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  I believe all businesses should be able to serve anyone they want to.

Okay. Let's play with this idea.

You've run out of gas on a long desert highway. Stumbling in to the only gas station for dozens of miles in any direction, you ask to buy a can of gas and some water. You are polite and you can pay. However, because you are prominently displaying some sign that you are a Christian... let's say a big cross hanging from a necklace... and because rightly or wrongly the owner associates Christians with, I dunno, let's say torturing gays to death and leaving them hung up on a barbed wire fence... you are by policy denied service. But that's okay, you're free to walk to the next-nearest station and get help there... assuming that they don't have a similar policy. In fact, they'll even give you the cards of all their competitors within a hundred miles. (Oh, and let's further assume... we're departing into the realm of pure fantasy here... that Christians are a hated minority the way that LGBT people actually are, and that it's not unlikely to find several businesses in the same area, especially the same rural area, that discriminate against them.)

Now, two questions.

1: Do you think that this scenario more or less likely with a policy targeting Christians, or a policy targeting gays?

2: Be very honest with yourself on this one. Assuming you survive the above ordeal and afterwards come on here to post, which post would you be more likely to write? "I just had an encounter with FREEDOM, the freedom for businesses to deny service for any reason they want, and while it was inconvenient, it's awesome to know that it's out there in our country." Or would your post be, "OMG CHRISTIANS SO PERSECUTED!"

Also....

(08-10-2014 07:07 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  There doesn't need to be any violence I don't know why you would think that.

Here is a Michigan state senator's summary of how conservative Christians passed a bill that protects the right of Christian children to bully gay kids based on religious conviction. The bill was originally intended to stop the bullying on the basis of orientation. As noted in the video, this bullying was often violent and occasionally lethal.

What reality do you live in? I want to live in it. It sounds so much nicer than our reality. Do you have some sort of dimensional flux agitator that you can use to zap back home after you make your posts in our reality? Can I use it?
[+] 5 users Like Reltzik's post
09-10-2014, 07:42 AM
(08-10-2014 06:28 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  I believe all businesses should be able to serve anyone they want to.

Praise Jeebus!

[Image: theatrerex.jpg]

[Image: %22Colored%22_drinking_fountain_from_mid...inking.jpg]

[Image: 00221r.jpg]

[Image: BilliardHallForColored.jpg]

[Image: u44_02.jpg]

[Image: whites%20only_WEB.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-10-2014, 08:00 AM
(09-10-2014 07:42 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

Praise Jeebus!

[Image: u44_02.jpg]

I grew up in Miami where Virginia Beach is located and went there as a kid years after this. I never knew it's history until long after. Today there is a water treatment plant very close by on the same Key. Symbolic maybe?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
09-10-2014, 08:33 AM
(08-10-2014 07:07 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  
Quote:If we allowed businesses to discriminate against who they serve wouldn't that just lead us back into segregation?
I could easily see this behavior turning into outright bigotry/racism with very possible violent attacks being pepetrated against anyone who didn't 'fit' the so-called 'norm'. Welcome back to the early '60's in southern America.
I'd like to know exactly how you think this type of society would be good for anyone.

There doesn't need to be any violence I don't know why you would think that. But it's all very simple. If discriminates against - let's say blacks then those people can make their own business! Or another can be created to serve them. No need for the government to come barging in.

What a disgusting bigot of a human being you are. Good to see that a christian can (NOT) love all people as jesus wanted. Jackass!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
09-10-2014, 09:59 AM
(08-10-2014 07:10 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 07:07 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  There doesn't need to be any violence I don't know why you would think that. But it's all very simple. If discriminates against - let's say blacks then those people can make their own business! Or another can be created to serve them. No need for the government to come barging in.

Discrimination breeds animosity, which inherently breeds violence. How old are you? Have you ever read a book?

Only the "good" book, likely. Ignorance breeds superstition, which inherently breeds* religious beliefs.

*Not really, but I had to continue the pattern. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
09-10-2014, 12:53 PM
(08-10-2014 06:54 PM)hell-lover Wrote:  The constitution has been amended many times before - no reason it can't be changed again.

Yes, it can. But bigotry will never be in the Constitution so you'd better pray to gawd to help you; it's your only chance. Drinking Beverage
In case you missed it, that means you have no chance.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.