Christians debating Christians: some hidden gems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2014, 08:39 AM
RE: Christians debating Christians: some hidden gems
I find it irritating in the UK when the C of E have one of their debates on gay marriage, female clergy and other items that really shouldn't matter in this day and age.

I don't understand how letting women become clergy can be such a controversial topic. The numbers who flat refuse to have a woman in a position above them.

All they achieve is to demonstrate Christianity's outdated and often backward ideology.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 08:49 AM
(01-05-2014 08:39 AM)Sam Wrote:  I find it irritating in the UK when the C of E have one of their debates on gay marriage, female clergy and other items that really shouldn't matter in this day and age.

I don't understand how letting women become clergy can be such a controversial topic. The numbers who flat refuse to have a woman in a position above them.

All they achieve is to demonstrate Christianity's outdated and often backward ideology.

The early christian movement had lots of women in positions of leadership, not to mention married couples acting as leadership teams. Women were probably more significan in the movement being sucessful than men.
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2014, 11:11 AM
(01-05-2014 06:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  When I debate another Christian, I always remain calm. I use the Bible, history, language, and context to prove my points. Inevitably, the Christian gets mad at me, tells me I'm wrong, and storms off.

Has happened every time.

Said every atheist as well ever.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
01-05-2014, 11:16 AM
That's the thing that I have the hardest time wrapping my head around. When I hear Christians debate with other christians about what's right or wrong or what something means...

It's entertaining and disturbing to me at the same time.

The mental gymnastics some are willing to go through is quite amazing to me.

They can't agree on their own dogma but they'll jump up and call us stupid for pointing it out?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-05-2014, 11:25 AM
(01-05-2014 11:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's the thing that I have the hardest time wrapping my head around. When I hear Christians debate with other christians about what's right or wrong or what something means...

They can't agree on their own dogma but they'll jump up and call us stupid for pointing it out?

Isn't it hilarious? Every Christian thinks their viewpoint is the correct one and will debate it with another christian. That Christian thinks they have it right and the other guy is an idiot. Yet they all read from the same book. It's quite entertaining really.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
01-05-2014, 11:40 AM
(01-05-2014 11:25 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 11:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's the thing that I have the hardest time wrapping my head around. When I hear Christians debate with other christians about what's right or wrong or what something means...

Isn't it hilarious? Every Christian thinks their viewpoint is the correct one and will debate it with another christian. That Christian thinks they have it right and the other guy is an idiot. Yet they all read from the same book. It's quite entertaining really.

Southpark episode: Scrotie Mcboogerballs

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
01-05-2014, 03:45 PM
(01-05-2014 08:34 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  God talks to that person, after all. They have a personal relationship with God. God wouldn't steer them wrong. Right?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post