"Christians do the same thing."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2015, 08:58 AM
"Christians do the same thing."
I've brought this up a couple times, but have never seen it explained, so I'm going to make a thread on it.

I think like 90% of conversations about Islam I see in atheist communities end up having some variation of the following comment somewhere along the line;

"Christianity does the same thing."

Someone please explain to me why this matters, especially so much that it's brought up so often?

I keep seeing it on sites where Christianity is clearly hated (rightfully so), so it's not logical to assume it's being used as some kind of defense for Islam. And the communities clearly have a good knowledge of its various horrible aspects, so it's also not logical for people to think Christianity knowledge suddenly needs to be repeated. Even following the logic that people do make these comments in the mindset that they're educating people who don't know the negative aspects of Christianity, if people are so desperate to make sure everyone knows all religions suck equally, why does it never seem to go the other way, with Islam being brought up during a conversation on Christianity?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
25-02-2015, 09:52 AM
RE: "Christians do the same thing."
Often people who criticize Islam are accused of being racist or unfair. It is valid to point out that Christianity does have many of the same repugnant doctrines. It is not the people that we criticize, it is the ideas, and it's important to remember that.
25-02-2015, 10:23 AM
All people who claim to be best buddies with the guy who "created the universe" are delusional assclowns, all capable of doing heinous shit "In his name".....

End of story.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-02-2015, 11:22 AM
(25-02-2015 08:58 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I've brought this up a couple times, but have never seen it explained, so I'm going to make a thread on it.

I think like 90% of conversations about Islam I see in atheist communities end up having some variation of the following comment somewhere along the line;

"Christianity does the same thing."

Someone please explain to me why this matters, especially so much that it's brought up so often?

I keep seeing it on sites where Christianity is clearly hated (rightfully so), so it's not logical to assume it's being used as some kind of defense for Islam. And the communities clearly have a good knowledge of its various horrible aspects, so it's also not logical for people to think Christianity knowledge suddenly needs to be repeated. Even following the logic that people do make these comments in the mindset that they're educating people who don't know the negative aspects of Christianity, if people are so desperate to make sure everyone knows all religions suck equally, why does it never seem to go the other way, with Islam being brought up during a conversation on Christianity?

I liked this post. Thank you. I'm yet to kill or rape my first infidel (or first wife). I visit TTA to share the love of you-know-who (Jesus, not Voldemort) rather than to recruit suicide bombers.

Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user