Christians feel god more when they are duped ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2014, 04:13 AM
RE: Christians feel god more when they are duped ?
(13-06-2014 02:36 AM)childeye Wrote:  
Quote:
Actually, It is not delusional to say Love rules as the moral Truth. I see nothing wrong with warm and fuzzy. What you think Love is a delusion? That's sick.

Get used to it.
You didn't answer the question.

Define 'truth'.... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2014, 06:02 AM
(12-06-2014 08:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 08:00 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  fixed that for ya moron.
Yes delusion works as well. What's with the hostility?

You have a sufficiently low post count. Taq assumes anyone with a low enough post count is a troll until proven otherwise.

This might seem unfair (and in many ways, it is), but we went through a period of time with a crap-ton of troll posters and drive-bys, and Taq sort of appointed himself gatekeeper. He is ever-vigilant and ever-vulgar.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-06-2014, 09:59 AM
(12-06-2014 08:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 08:26 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yup, both show belief in fiction creating emotion. Glad you understand that finally. Consider
I've understood that for a long time. The imagination is a powerful thing and brings forth certain emotions.
You've understood that God is fiction for a long time? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
13-06-2014, 10:54 AM
(13-06-2014 04:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 02:36 AM)childeye Wrote:  You didn't answer the question.

Define 'truth'.... Drinking Beverage
The way it is. The facts. That which knowledge of and ignorance of pertains to.
13-06-2014, 10:56 AM
(13-06-2014 06:02 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 08:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes delusion works as well. What's with the hostility?

You have a sufficiently low post count. Taq assumes anyone with a low enough post count is a troll until proven otherwise.

This might seem unfair (and in many ways, it is), but we went through a period of time with a crap-ton of troll posters and drive-bys, and Taq sort of appointed himself gatekeeper. He is ever-vigilant and ever-vulgar.
Thanks RobbyPants, I'll keep that in mind.
13-06-2014, 11:02 AM
(13-06-2014 09:59 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 08:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  I've understood that for a long time. The imagination is a powerful thing and brings forth certain emotions.
You've understood that God is fiction for a long time? Consider
I've understood that the imagination can conjure up feelings based on things that are non-existent. The term God in scripture, as I understand it, refers to the moral good in mankind.
Hence scripture would say there is nothing good inside of man apart from God. Also, the Word of God was the Light of man and the Life of man.
[+] 1 user Likes childeye's post
13-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Christians feel god more when they are duped ?
(13-06-2014 02:36 AM)childeye Wrote:  [quote]
Actually, It is not delusional to say Love rules as the moral Truth. I see nothing wrong with warm and fuzzy. What you think Love is a delusion? That's sick.

Love is a chemical process in the brain. It's oxytocin.

Doesn't mean it's any less real than other brain-states, it just means it's not an external objective construct outside the individual experiencing it.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
13-06-2014, 11:46 AM
(13-06-2014 11:03 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Love is a chemical process in the brain. It's oxytocin.

Doesn't mean it's any less real than other brain-states, it just means it's not an external objective construct outside the individual experiencing it.
That's not exactly true. Baby chimpanzees that were raised without any contact with their Mothers grew up insane, ruled by fear. Moreover, 99 % of the entire creation of the universe and everything in it is a chemical process caused by something outside of it including the brain and all it's functions. But that which is eternal would not be properly called a construct.
13-06-2014, 12:09 PM
(13-06-2014 11:02 AM)childeye Wrote:  The term God in scripture, as I understand it, refers to the moral good in mankind.
I've never heard that interpretation before. Which scripture are you referring to?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
14-06-2014, 09:26 AM
(13-06-2014 12:09 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(13-06-2014 11:02 AM)childeye Wrote:  The term God in scripture, as I understand it, refers to the moral good in mankind.
I've never heard that interpretation before. Which scripture are you referring to?
John 1, The Word of God is the Light and the Life of man.
1 John 4:8, He that does not love, does not know God; for God is love.
Ephesians 5:9, For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.

Mat 19:17, And he said unto him, Why do you call me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: