Christians must follow the old testament.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: Christians must follow the old testament.
(23-03-2014 10:47 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Christians are right when they maintain that Jesus died via crucifixion and Muslims are wrong, or Muslims are right and Christians are wrong.

Jesus either died via crucifixion, or He did not. He could not both have died and not died. It is either or. Muslims maintain that Jesus was indeed crucified but that He did not actually die. Christians claim that not only was He crucified, but that He actually died.

Christians say he died but didn't die. Dead people are not alive. Ever. Never once.
Saying he "died but rose" is the ultimate equivocation. Some Christian scholars do not think he "actually" was brought back to life. Of course this Walker dude is WAY too ignorant of the sources and culture to even begin to discuss those arguments.

"They are either both wrong, which history tells us is simply not plausible, or either Christians are right and Muslims are wrong or Muslims are right and Christians are wrong. Based on the evidence we have, Muslims are simply wrong on this issue."
Nope. There is BETTER evidence the Salem witches actually WERE witches, than there is Jebus rose from the dead. "We" have NO evidence Jesus rose from the dead.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2014, 07:21 PM
(23-03-2014 07:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 10:47 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Christians are right when they maintain that Jesus died via crucifixion and Muslims are wrong, or Muslims are right and Christians are wrong.

Jesus either died via crucifixion, or He did not. He could not both have died and not died. It is either or. Muslims maintain that Jesus was indeed crucified but that He did not actually die. Christians claim that not only was He crucified, but that He actually died.

Christians say he died but didn't die. Dead people are not alive. Ever. Never once.
Saying he "died but rose" is the ultimate equivocation. Some Christian scholars do not think he "actually" was brought back to life. Of course this Walker dude is WAY too ignorant of the sources and culture to even begin to discuss those arguments.

"They are either both wrong, which history tells us is simply not plausible, or either Christians are right and Muslims are wrong or Muslims are right and Christians are wrong. Based on the evidence we have, Muslims are simply wrong on this issue."
Nope. There is BETTER evidence the Salem witches actually WERE witches, than there is Jebus rose from the dead. "We" have NO evidence Jesus rose from the dead.

I would also like to add muslims do not believe that jesus died on the cross and that he was just another boring prophet. Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
23-03-2014, 08:30 PM
(23-03-2014 10:01 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 09:15 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What happened to Drich?

He has a job and a family to care for first and three other web sites he answers questions in. Those who are earnestly seeking take priority over the intelectually dishonest who ingore a primary sourced rebuttal for a dump of tertiary commentary.

So you reckon noone here is "earnestly seeking" your nonsense stories? I reckon you're right about that. And the reasons are that you've said nothing new or interesting, and have failed to learn from those who obviously know so much more than you. Your patronising attitude laces all your commentary ( for eg "three other websites he answers questions in" )

People everywhere are interested in the truth. You don't provide it, hence you're barely listened to, unpopular and denigrated. It is YOU who is intellectually dishonest.

And, by the way, your gospel and Acts quotes are NOT primary sources. They are not historical. Academics all around the world admit this, yet you just don't "get it." You're "primary sourced rebuttal' is nonsence...which is why everyone ignored it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
23-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Quote: And the reasons are that you've said nothing new or interesting,

And he never will....

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
24-03-2014, 07:29 AM
(23-03-2014 08:30 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 10:01 AM)Drich Wrote:  He has a job and a family to care for first and three other web sites he answers questions in. Those who are earnestly seeking take priority over the intelectually dishonest who ingore a primary sourced rebuttal for a dump of tertiary commentary.

So you reckon noone here is "earnestly seeking" your nonsense stories? I reckon you're right about that. And the reasons are that you've said nothing new or interesting, and have failed to learn from those who obviously know so much more than you. Your patronising attitude laces all your commentary ( for eg "three other websites he answers questions in" )

People everywhere are interested in the truth. You don't provide it, hence you're barely listened to, unpopular and denigrated. It is YOU who is intellectually dishonest.

And, by the way, your gospel and Acts quotes are NOT primary sources. They are not historical. Academics all around the world admit this, yet you just don't "get it." You're "primary sourced rebuttal' is nonsence...which is why everyone ignored it.

Facepalm
A primary source is an orginal source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_source
IF we are Having a biblical discussion then the bible is becomes the primary source and your personal assessment of the bible nor the assements of those in whom you hold to be smarter and more authoritative on this subject than you holds absolutly no merrit on whether or not the bible is a primary source.

As far as who is "worthy" to spend time with and who is not.. I would like to preface the following to say I could not spend all the time needed with those who are truly worthy. Right now I may only have an hour per day.

Who isn't worthy of that time?

Someone who evades a primary source arguement for padding his rebuttals numerous logical fallacies, personal attacks and teritary commentary.

People like you are fun to debate when I have little else to do. I have work to do, so there is little time for fun.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
24-03-2014, 07:44 AM
(24-03-2014 07:29 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 08:30 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  So you reckon noone here is "earnestly seeking" your nonsense stories? I reckon you're right about that. And the reasons are that you've said nothing new or interesting, and have failed to learn from those who obviously know so much more than you. Your patronising attitude laces all your commentary ( for eg "three other websites he answers questions in" )

Facepalm
IF we are Having a biblical discussion then the bible is becomes the primary source and your personal assessment of the bible nor the assements of those in whom you hold to be smarter and more authoritative on this subject than you holds absolutly no merrit on whether or not the bible is a primary source.

As far as who is "worthy" to spend time with and who is not.. I would like to preface the following to say I could not spend all the time needed with those who are truly worthy. Right now I may only have an hour per day.

Someone who evades a primary source arguement for padding his rebuttals numerous logical fallacies, personal attacks and teritary commentary.

People like you are fun to debate when I have little else to do. I have work to do, so there is little time for fun.

[Image: h353D119F]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
24-03-2014, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 09:08 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(24-03-2014 07:29 AM)Drich Wrote:  Facepalm

Wrong again you fucking idiot. By this logic, a Greek myth is a "primary source" for Zeus. Most scholars agree that for the OT, the Documentary Hypothesis is valid, and there are many sources. For the NT, the Q document probably was not even a "primary" source. But thanks for demonstrating again you haven't the slightest clue what you're going on about, and that your "faith" is nothing but ignorance. Someone talking about "smarts" probably should learn how to spell the fucking big words he uses, ("merrit") LMAO.

(24-03-2014 07:29 AM)Drich Wrote:  As far as who is "worthy" to spend time with and who is not.. I would like to preface the following to say I could not spend all the time needed with those who are truly worthy. Right now I may only have an hour per day.

So. You admit you have nothing to offer here. The only "work" you have to do, is to get back to Third Grade, and actually pass this time.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2014, 07:46 AM
(24-03-2014 07:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 07:29 AM)Drich Wrote:  Facepalm

Wrong again you fucking idiot. By this logic, a Greek myth is a "primary source" for Zeus. Most scholars agree for the OT the Documentary Hypothesis is valid, and there are many sources. For the NT, the Q document probably was even a "primary" source. But thanks for demonstrating again you haven't the slightest clue what you're going on about, and that your "faith" is nothing but ignorance. Someone talking about "smarts" probably should learn how to spell the fucking big words he uses, ("merrit") LMAO.

(24-03-2014 07:29 AM)Drich Wrote:  As far as who is "worthy" to spend time with and who is not.. I would like to preface the following to say I could not spend all the time needed with those who are truly worthy. Right now I may only have an hour per day.

So. You admit you have nothing to offer here. The only "work" you have to do, is to get back to Third Grade, and actually pass this time.

Laugh out load
there was a reason I left a link defining what primary source material was.

It's like you are willfully wanting to remain in a state of perpetual ignorance.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
24-03-2014, 07:50 AM
(24-03-2014 07:46 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 07:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong again you fucking idiot. By this logic, a Greek myth is a "primary source" for Zeus. Most scholars agree for the OT the Documentary Hypothesis is valid, and there are many sources. For the NT, the Q document probably was even a "primary" source. But thanks for demonstrating again you haven't the slightest clue what you're going on about, and that your "faith" is nothing but ignorance. Someone talking about "smarts" probably should learn how to spell the fucking big words he uses, ("merrit") LMAO.

Laugh out load
there was a reason I left a link defining what primary source material was.

It's like you are willfully wanting to remain in a state of perpetual ignorance.

Restating a false statement does not make it true. No one needs the likes of you to tell them anything, you deluded fool.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-03-2014, 08:14 AM
(24-03-2014 07:29 AM)Drich Wrote:  People like you are fun to debate when I have little else to do. I have work to do, so there is little time for fun.

You have fun spreading around unsubstantiated bullshit? Consider

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]