Christians now say "atheists" are "targeting kids"

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-02-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: Christians now say "atheists" are "targeting kids"
(08-02-2014 03:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 12:57 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I am trying to find the correct range of IQ and age of a kid in which it is a good time to send them to church and they will know that they are teaching the kids bullshit

I wouldn't use IQ, that's a meaningless test. I'd look for what ages children start to question their authority figures. I'm guessing that would be 13 upwards. Send them just as soon as they start their rebellious phrase.

And just to top it off, send them to a church which expects the children to dress in suits and smart clothes. They'll hate that.

I deconverted at 9, just letting you know.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
08-02-2014, 12:56 PM
(08-02-2014 08:01 AM)Deerdra Wrote:  Before I even read this, I saw what you were linking: The Blaze. Glen Beck's dreck of an online life after being ousted by Fox News because he was basically costing them money.

Sorry, I have caustic gut reactions to this man from personal family life experiences. He spins the same crap you see on Fox news but with more of a religious spin on it. Same shit, different venue and I'm not surprised at all that he's touting more hate and fear by spinning this.

Here you go, Deerdra:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-...-ha,18076/

Hopefully it makes you feel better. Wink
08-02-2014, 01:03 PM
(08-02-2014 12:56 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Here you go, Deerdra:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-...-ha,18076/

Hopefully it makes you feel better. Wink

Lulz. Thanks!

Ugh, that moron fancies himself Thomas Paine.
08-02-2014, 02:33 PM
The "think of the children" argument? Really.

Haven't they heard of Sprogwin's Law.
08-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Christians have a persecution complex, simple as that. Seriously, how many Christians do you think there are in the world, that when their kids are born, they decide, "You know what, I am not going to teach my child about god and religion, and instead let him decide for himself when he reaches a mature enough age to do so."? Obviously, pretty much none. Parents and role models and teachers indoctrinate their children with religion from an early age, because they know if they don't, they won't buy it. However, they somehow see teaching science, you know, that real science stuff in that one class called science class, as atheist trying to get to their children. Simply put, these people are absolutely delusional.
[+] 2 users Like mrlmichael's post
08-02-2014, 04:50 PM
(08-02-2014 03:00 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  Christians have a persecution complex, simple as that. Seriously, how many Christians do you think there are in the world, that when their kids are born, they decide, "You know what, I am not going to teach my child about god and religion, and instead let him decide for himself when he reaches a mature enough age to do so."? Obviously, pretty much none. Parents and role models and teachers indoctrinate their children with religion from an early age, because they know if they don't, they won't buy it. However, they somehow see teaching science, you know, that real science stuff in that one class called science class, as atheist trying to get to their children. Simply put, these people are absolutely delusional.

Well said!

It's a great idea to have a website for doubting kids. I wish I'd had access to such information when I was a kid. This is a topic I'm passionate about. Here's why.

It’s a free world, so churches have a right to advertise to adults, but when they impose dogma on young children they’re playing dirty. They know youngsters are uncritical, trusting, sensitive and pliable. Children are prime targets because it’s easy to sell them mythical nonsense. Churches own schools for this very purpose, like a schoolyard bully preying on little kids for their lunch money. Children’s heads are filled with prayers, hymns, and stories about heaven, hell, Jesus, sins, death and guardian angels. Behavior is judged in Christian terms, and they’re told Satan is a bad guy out to get them. Hell is a concept taught to children without considering the consequences. Junior is offered Jesus as his best buddy, yet Jesus can’t calm terrified little imaginations or stop children’s nightmares. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzGVateOWto). To teach hell to youngsters is just plain sick, and is child abuse.

Christmas toys and Easter eggs, deliberately designed to delight children, are used to sell the Christian story. Christian teachers and parents don’t realize that big businesses are using them to fill children’s minds with so much superstitious nonsense it makes the advertising on television look small time. This promotional blitz aims to breed brand loyalty to a church. Brainwashed kids become compliant consumers, pliable people willing to part with their cash. They indoctrinate the next generation and the cycle continues. Churches have perfected the ploy that keeps them powerful by targeting youngsters. They make the corporations of the commercial world look like amateurs.

Unhealthy convictions taught to school kids can become so embedded in their subconscious minds young people can’t shake them. The consequences can include paranoia, poor self-esteem, anxiety, suppressed feelings, guilt, closed mindedness, and hurt due to the hypocrisy and prejudices of others. These problems often don’t become apparent until later in life.

An exceptional education must give children a mental picture of their world that’s in tune with reality. They should be taught to be open-minded, and to explore, and that they control their own destiny. Kids must also be taught how, not always what, to think. If we don’t teach children how to think, preachers might teach them how not to, by getting them to pray to an imaginary sky buddy, which is another more subtle form of child abuse.

Repetition in prayers and hymns is just mind numbing indoctrination. Surely if the teaching is that terrific, it should sell itself, and be taught without trickery.
If parents insist their kids be coached in Christianity, why not teach it when children are experienced enough to reason for themselves? Geography, trigonometry, and economics are universally regarded as valuable, but nobody believes a five-year-old should be saturated with them. Church leaders know it’s imperative to get inside little one’s minds early. Their real agenda is their institution’s growth. To think of children as a target market like this is also child abuse; it’s immoral and inexcusable.

Some may accuse me of being cynical, yet they’re just not aware of church greed and the reality of indoctrination. A culture of church loyalty has been so heavily stamped into some people’s minds they’re more concerned about losing little clients than the child’s autonomy and well-being. Consider what most Christian teachers would think about another denomination teaching “their” children. The dogma is almost identical, yet they’d be put out, because a “Christian education” is all about shoring up the numbers in their own church.

All precious youngsters deserve love and the best possible education. They’re too young to be exposed to corporate greed. They’ll have plenty of time in later life to discover that not everyone has their best interests at heart. What helps make kids happy, well adjusted, with a healthy self – esteem, is human love, gentle discipline and stimulation. Consider the happily radiant children found in close-knit communities who have never heard of God or Jesus. Interactions with caring people are real. Nonsense about an ancient, scary God with odd ideas, whom they can’t see, hear or touch, isn’t.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
08-02-2014, 04:58 PM
kids? eeww, I target babies, much tender meat

[Image: atheism-300x255.jpg]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
08-02-2014, 05:03 PM
It's "evangelization", "missionary work" and "spreading the good news" when they do it. It's "militant atheism", and "targeting", when atheists do the SAME thing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-02-2014, 05:10 PM
(08-02-2014 03:00 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  Christians have a persecution complex, simple as that. Seriously, how many Christians do you think there are in the world, that when their kids are born, they decide, "You know what, I am not going to teach my child about god and religion, and instead let him decide for himself when he reaches a mature enough age to do so."? Obviously, pretty much none. Parents and role models and teachers indoctrinate their children with religion from an early age, because they know if they don't, they won't buy it. However, they somehow see teaching science, you know, that real science stuff in that one class called science class, as atheist trying to get to their children. Simply put, these people are absolutely delusional.

Agreed. I always find the Christian persecution complex so laughable for two reasons:

1. To them, being persecuted means not allowing them to force their beliefs on everybody else.

2. They've been persecuting the entire world for nearly 2,000 years now.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
08-02-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 06:36 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
My youngest son, born in 1999 hasn't a clue about god. He said one day someone at school was talking about jebus and the holy ghost...my kid popped up saying, "there's no such thing as ghosts". He dismissed the rest of the conversation.

Now, I should explain that he's on the spectrum for autism. He's the type that wants proof. Real proof not story proof.

I used to put out a nativity scene at Christmas. The figures were no different to him than Santa Claus. Sure he'd like to believe in Santa, he likes the idea of someone bringing toys. He sees god the same as Santa -- nice idea but no. I think kinda like that. A nice idea.

My older son came to atheism on his own completely. No influence at all from mom on that one.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post