Christians that don't believe the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: Christians that don't believe the bible
What's on second?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
23-08-2014, 05:22 AM
RE: Christians that don't believe the bible
(22-08-2014 09:52 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 08:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because they haven't read it.

Oh I think they read it. They absolutely do. I watched my mom read the bible everyday of her life.

Understanding it may be something else altogether.
And
The real issue is interpreting what one reads.

When you mentioned you watching your mom reading her bible every day of her life; makes me wonder how can you over look the atrocities the bible holds. Then for some reason it reminded me of Catholic church and confession. You relied on the father of the church to instruct you what prayers to say or parts of the bible to read to be forgiven for whatever it was that you confessed. I remember sitting in the pews and the verses read every mass, this one from Peter, that one from Luke, so on and so on, I began to wonder do they ever read anything else from the bible? What about the rest of the book? It's spoon fed to the congregation and they swallow that medicine like it's candy not knowing it's poison laced with sugar. I know few that have actually read the bible from cover to cover; I am one of them though I really want to and I'm slowly working on it. I want to be aware of all the contradictions, the misconceptions, the guts of it; not all the flowers and rainbow parts. It is sad that I watch those who read the bible read the 'good' parts or the parts of damnation that push you further into believing in the fear rather than seeking the actual truth. We are more than what religion has us to believe yet they are blind to their own strengths and capacity for knowledge and truth.

From my point of view, those who say the bible is the literal word of god or believe that it is the one 'truth' has let themselves be led by writings of a people from a time we no longer live in and will never progress forward. For a world of forward movement, there are too many stuck in the words of the past.

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Kemasyn's post