Christians who say to atheists "Glad to hear you're talking about Jesus!"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: Christians who say to atheists "Glad to hear you're talking about Jesus!"
(10-05-2015 12:40 PM)Leo Wrote:  Holy smokes ! You were a pastor ? I enjoy reading your posts. A former pastor destroying theists trolls in discussions is really cool.

Grew up in the church, was baptized, saved and ordained as a southern baptist minister, I worked with the youth. I look back and feel so sick at the things I said, how I twisted and sold the scriptures...sickening. I view it as child abuse now.

Knowing it from the inside, how it is sold, the social engineering involved, obtaining a degree in religious studies, and having gone from christian, to spiritual, to agnostic, to atheist has given me an edge when it comes to debating theism. Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-05-2015, 12:50 PM
(10-05-2015 12:40 PM)Leo Wrote:  Holy smokes ! You were a pastor ? I enjoy reading your posts. A former pastor destroying theists trolls in discussions is really cool.

Another one that was kinda cool ---

Sam Kinison ....

Pentecostal...

No shit....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-05-2015, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 01:03 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(10-05-2015 12:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Another one that was kinda cool ---

Sam Kinison ....

Pentecostal...

No shit....

used to love that guy! My fav bit was the "dont send starving people in africa food and money, send them luggage...send someone like me...."you see this? this is sand, you know what grows in this? NOTHING! get your kids, pack your shit we'll move you to where the food is...."

My mother is a Pentecostal minister, in fact she has been invited to Africa for a two week mission for some big revival they are doing....makes me sick.

[Image: kbotmr.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 7 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-05-2015, 01:01 PM
(10-05-2015 12:54 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-05-2015 12:50 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Another one that was kinda cool ---

Sam Kinison ....

Pentecostal...

No shit....

used to love that guy! My fav bit was the "dont send starving people in africa food and money, send them luggage...send someone like me...."you see this? this is sand, you know what grows in this? NOTHING! get your kids, pack your shit we'll move you to where the food is...."

I remember him screaming - "You live in a desert!!!!!!!"

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2015, 01:22 PM
I can hear him to this day....

MOVE TO WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-05-2015, 02:13 PM
So, if you think and talk about something often enough, you'll start to believe it and then it'll be true? Awesome!!

"I'm Batman, I'm Batman, I'm Batman, I'm Batman, I'm Batman, I'm Batman, I'm Batman..."

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
10-05-2015, 03:23 PM
(10-05-2015 11:52 AM)cactus Wrote:  I hear sort of thing a lot from Christians, who are like "You're closer to God than you realize, because you're showing an interest in Him!" as if the act of simply exposing myself to people's religious views will somehow make me more likely to believe them.... in fact, it's just the opposite Laugh out load

What do you even say to those people? I usually just ignore them, because they're clearly not interested in actually learning about what motivates non-religious people to discuss religion.

There is no point in arguing with idiots. If someone believes that interest in religion is same thing as belief then there is nothing that could be done for such person.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-05-2015, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 06:06 PM by Mark Fulton.)
I say something like this...

"Yeah... I'm talking about Jesus, and this is what I think...

Jesus made big promises that never came true. He was judgmental, intolerant, inconsistent, egocentric and ethnocentric. He failed to give clever or comprehensive solutions to life’s conundrums. Most of his teachings lack the detail to make them meaningful. Dogma without reasoning and explanation does not cut the mustard as philosophy.

Good philosophers have open minds and are genuinely interested in others’ opinions. They do not assume or pretend they alone have all the answers. They care enough about their audience to document their ideas with precision and detail. They are aware that one day their ideas may appear outdated. What Jesus allegedly said was a dictatorial diatribe that failed to do any of this.

Your Jesus was confused, dim witted and opinionated.

What's more, he may not even have existed in real life. He is nothing more than a cheap comic book character. If he did exist he's now as dead as a dodo, so can't care about you or your friends.

Pull your socks up, get a life, and start taking responsibility for your own actions. And stop indoctrinating the kids."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-05-2015, 03:50 PM
"So, what does it mean when you talk about Satan?"
10-05-2015, 04:07 PM
(10-05-2015 11:52 AM)cactus Wrote:  I hear sort of thing a lot from Christians, who are like "You're closer to God than you realize, because you're showing an interest in Him!" as if the act of simply exposing myself to people's religious views will somehow make me more likely to believe them.... in fact, it's just the opposite Laugh out load

What do you even say to those people? I usually just ignore them, because they're clearly not interested in actually learning about what motivates non-religious people to discuss religion.

The only reason I take any interest in religion is because it's had an enormous effect on history and not in a good way either. It's created guilt ridden lives over sex, it essentially makes being being female sinful, it's allowed people to live in poverty, makes others suffer needlessly, it's shoved down everyones throat, it divides the world's population, it's caused war, creates ignorance, denies science and generally causes havoc and it's been doing all this in one way or another for 3000 years.

If it were some inert thing I wouldn't give a shit. I wouldn't give it a moment's thought but unfortunately that's not the case.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post