Christians who voted for trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: Christians who voted for trump
(20-11-2016 05:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:35 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Laugh out load

Only in 'Murica. The rest of the world considers Obama middle-of-the-road, if not conservative, and people like Cruz and Pence far-right wackos. I don't know how they feel about Trump, but it's telling that America is so far right these days that people in the middle can be called "far left" with a straight face.

Yes, it is scary. It scares the shit out of our allies too.

Dom, I'm not sure what this man's position in the Irish government is but he said publicly what should have been said by every decent U S government official.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-11-2016, 06:29 PM
(20-11-2016 05:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes, it is scary. It scares the shit out of our allies too.

Dom, I'm not sure what this man's position in the Irish government is but he said publicly what should have been said by every decent U S government official.

Man. Liberals are shaking in their boots as Patriots in western countries demand the return of their countries to the people.

Illegal immigration will be shut down. Refugee programs will be shut down. People will be allowed to immigrate legally IF they share our patriotic values and culture.

As we've seen across America over the last 8 years in both local and national elections, it's either our way or the highway. Democrats can't win in America on their current platform. They have to come back to the center and be nationalists and reject globalism.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
20-11-2016, 07:15 PM
(20-11-2016 06:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Dom, I'm not sure what this man's position in the Irish government is but he said publicly what should have been said by every decent U S government official.

Man. Liberals are shaking in their boots as Patriots in western countries demand the return of their countries to the people.

Illegal immigration will be shut down. Refugee programs will be shut down. People will be allowed to immigrate legally IF they share our patriotic values and culture.

As we've seen across America over the last 8 years in both local and national elections, it's either our way or the highway. Democrats can't win in America on their current platform. They have to come back to the center and be nationalists and reject globalism.

(20-11-2016 06:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Illegal immigration will be shut down.

If that ever happens, sweetie pie, the entire American economy will collapse. The electorate always backs away from the promises (read lies) politicians like trump make. And the bigger and more bombastic the promises the further away voters eventually retreat. In the beginning it sounds all hunky dory to the unthinking public, like yourself, but the reality is completely different.

Since you are still a underage, I'm guessing 17, it would behove you to read some history books on immigration in the United States. I can tell from your statements that you have zero knowledge of immigration and the positive effects it has traditionally had on this country.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-11-2016, 08:10 PM
(20-11-2016 05:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes, it is scary. It scares the shit out of our allies too.

WOW.

Thanks for posting that. I had to fight the urge to stand up from my computer chair and start applauding.

Especially after LDH chimed in on it. It demonstrated better than I ever could what's fundamentally wrong with conservativism, by pretending that the reason Aodhan O'Riordain is concerned about the 50,000 Irish immigrants in the USA is because he doesn't want to deal with the financial elements of them returning to Ireland, rather than being genuinely concerned about their basic humanity.

Pay better attention to what he is saying there, especially when he quotes Angela Merkel (a conservative).

I realize that lack of empathy for your fellow human beings is pretty much the right-wing's "thing", but most people don't look at the world that way, and eventually they will see your true nature... sadly, it's usually after a great many people have been killed and a great many more have had their lives ruined. Perhaps this time we'll cinder the whole planet. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-11-2016, 08:13 PM
(20-11-2016 06:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  As we've seen across America over the last 8 years in both local and national elections, it's either our way or the highway. Democrats can't win in America on their current platform. They have to come back to the center and be nationalists and reject globalism.

Actually, I think Secular Talk had a much better explanation for what is costing the Democrats the victories:

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-11-2016, 09:06 PM
(20-11-2016 06:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 05:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Dom, I'm not sure what this man's position in the Irish government is but he said publicly what should have been said by every decent U S government official.

The people don't even all have the same culture or culture of "patriotic" values and the idea of that being a sticking point laughs at the supposedly conservative and constitution praise of being all about freedom of one's values and thoughts.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-11-2016, 01:00 AM
(20-11-2016 06:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Man. Liberals are shaking in their boots as Patriots in western countries demand the return of their countries to the people.

"Patriots" ? Authoritarian twats with no empathy is what I see. ETA: And no awareness of human rights or why we have them and a terrifying lack of concern over rule of law. To most of these Trump types a law is an incovenient thing to be got around, not something to be respected, and they don't appreciate why the law is there in the first place.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
21-11-2016, 01:07 AM
(21-11-2016 01:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-11-2016 06:29 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Man. Liberals are shaking in their boots as Patriots in western countries demand the return of their countries to the people.

"Patriots" ? Authoritarian twats with no empathy is what I see. ETA: And no awareness of human rights or why we have them and a terrifying lack of concern over rule of law. To most of these Trump types a law is an incovenient thing to be got around, not something to be respected, and they don't appreciate why the law is there in the first place.

Reminds me of my favorite quote from Lord of War.

[Image: ZABrXyn.png]

"Every faction in Africa calls themselves by these noble names - Liberation this, Patriotic that, Democratic Republic of something-or-other... I guess they can't own up to what they usually are: the Federation of Worse Oppressors Than the Last Bunch of Oppressors. Often, the most barbaric atrocities occur when both combatants proclaim themselves Freedom Fighters." - Yuri Orlov [Nicholas Cage]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-11-2016, 01:35 AM
(21-11-2016 01:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 01:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  "Patriots" ? Authoritarian twats with no empathy is what I see. ETA: And no awareness of human rights or why we have them and a terrifying lack of concern over rule of law. To most of these Trump types a law is an incovenient thing to be got around, not something to be respected, and they don't appreciate why the law is there in the first place.

Reminds me of my favorite quote from Lord of War.

[Image: ZABrXyn.png]

"Every faction in Africa calls themselves by these noble names - Liberation this, Patriotic that, Democratic Republic of something-or-other... I guess they can't own up to what they usually are: the Federation of Worse Oppressors Than the Last Bunch of Oppressors. Often, the most barbaric atrocities occur when both combatants proclaim themselves Freedom Fighters." - Yuri Orlov [Nicholas Cage]

One hopes that you guys aren't as susceptible to buzzwords as our lot. Dodgy Although I don't hold much confidence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-11-2016, 05:45 AM
(21-11-2016 01:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Reminds me of my favorite quote from Lord of War.

Not generally a Nicholas Cage fan, but that's an excellent, woefully underrated movie.

[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post