Christina Hoff Sommers Defeats Feminist Video Game Alarmism with Logic and Data

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Christina Hoff Sommers Defeats Feminist Video Game Alarmism with Logic and Data

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2014, 07:07 PM
RE: Christina Hoff Sommers Defeats Feminist Video Game Alarmism with Logic and Data
(16-09-2014 07:00 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  

Ignore data that disagrees with her stance, throw aside the latest research and reinforce the old stereotype of the basement dwelling virgins (as much as that fits some of the outspoken anti-feminists lurking on this forum) not seeing much logic or data here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-09-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: Christina Hoff Sommers Defeats Feminist Video Game Alarmism with Logic and Data
(16-09-2014 07:07 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Ignore data that disagrees with her stance, throw aside the latest research and reinforce the old stereotype of the basement dwelling virgins (as much as that fits some of the outspoken anti-feminists lurking on this forum) not seeing much logic or data here.

What? Did you even watch the video? She addresses the latest research, not throws it aside.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

16-09-2014, 08:08 PM

[Image: 1401026933924.png]
[+] 4 users Like Li_Holodomer's post
16-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Is it you? Is it you Res who started this shit?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
16-09-2014, 11:10 PM
"Well, I have spent the last few weeks talking to gamers and I don't see any evidence of sexism"...

You know, and then its "Well actual hardcore gamers are all men anyway, so sexism doesn't exist".

And "millenial males born into the age of videogames are less horrible than their predecessors" - she *does not* mention *gamer* millenial males...

All in all, seems more like propaganda addressed to the faithful, i.e. *you* Res Publica.

Oh and let's not forget to throw in a "Oh you received a death threat. Hahaha, you don't even know if it was sent by a gamer". The *point* my friendly cretin, is not the death threat, it's the deafening *lack of condemnation* of the same death threat from the wider gaming community, apart from a few developers and others who are then branded whiny babies.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
17-09-2014, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2014 05:39 AM by Hafnof.)
But but but but... she's a woman. Therefore when she says she doesn't feel oppressed that means oppression doesn't exist. The fact that she doesn't play games, is the mouthpiece of a right wing think tank[1], and has spent her entire adult life criticising feminism[2] should only bolster her claims. I mean. She has spent literally weeks talking to creative tech-savvy guys to form her opinion on this.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_En..._Institute
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Hoff_Sommers

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
17-09-2014, 06:39 AM
(17-09-2014 05:35 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  But but but but... she's a woman. Therefore when she says she doesn't feel oppressed that means oppression doesn't exist. The fact that she doesn't play games, is the mouthpiece of a right wing think tank[1], and has spent her entire adult life criticising feminism[2] should only bolster her claims. I mean. She has spent literally weeks talking to creative tech-savvy guys to form her opinion on this.

Strawman. I never claimed anything about her gender, which is irrelevant to the points she makes.

Unlike leftist echo-boxes, the AEI helps foster free thought and dissent. When Frum wrote an article attacking the Republican party, it was praised by the President of the AEI.(1) Of course, this is ad hominem as it you are addressing her rather than her points.

Thirdly, she has spent her life trying to save feminism from destruction by fanatics. She has been a feminist since she was in high school. Once again, not relevant to the points she makes and ad hominem. What she wants is a feminism based off facts, logic and rationalism, not irrational hatred of men.

I have to wonder if the feminists on this forum have any actual points, or if they are you just going to continue with fallacies?

17-09-2014, 06:43 AM
(17-09-2014 06:39 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 05:35 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  But but but but... she's a woman. Therefore when she says she doesn't feel oppressed that means oppression doesn't exist. The fact that she doesn't play games, is the mouthpiece of a right wing think tank[1], and has spent her entire adult life criticising feminism[2] should only bolster her claims. I mean. She has spent literally weeks talking to creative tech-savvy guys to form her opinion on this.

Strawman. I never claimed anything about her gender, which is irrelevant to the points she makes.

Unlike leftist echo-boxes, the AEI helps foster free thought and dissent. When Frum wrote an article attacking the Republican party, it was praised by the President of the AEI.(1) Of course, this is ad hominem as it you are addressing her rather than her points.

Thirdly, she has spent her life trying to save feminism from destruction by fanatics. She has been a feminist since she was in high school. Once again, not relevant to the points she makes and ad hominem. What she wants is a feminism based off facts, logic and rationalism, not irrational hatred of men.

I have to wonder if the feminists on this forum have any actual points, or if they are you just going to continue with fallacies?

Son, you are the most ignorant, sheltered fukctard here whom just repeats what his mommy and daddy say around the dinner table.

You're hardly in a position to question the opinions of TTA forum members.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-09-2014, 06:44 AM
(17-09-2014 06:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 06:39 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Strawman. I never claimed anything about her gender, which is irrelevant to the points she makes.

Son, you are the most ignorant, sheltered fukctard here whom just repeats what his mommy and daddy say around the dinner table.

You're hardly in a position to question the opinions of TTA forum members.

Ad hominem.