Christina Hoff Sommers Defeats Feminist Video Game Alarmism with Logic and Data

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Christina Hoff Sommers Defeats Feminist Video Game Alarmism with Logic and Data
(17-09-2014 06:40 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Revs and especially EK have been promoting Sarkeesian and Quinn.

How dare they Rolleyes

Still waiting for you to back up your statement that they are radical feminists Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2014, 04:02 AM
RE: Christina Hoff Sommers Defeats Feminist Video Game Alarmism with Logic and Data
(17-09-2014 01:13 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  bullshit about sexy being sexist.

Are you Nigel Tufnell?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
18-09-2014, 08:00 AM
(17-09-2014 06:38 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 03:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your statement was a direct response to my post.

I await your apology.

Perhaps "you" was not the pronoun I was looking for. "Some of you" or "they" would have been a better choice. I apologize.

Thank you.

However, your statement was still wrong. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2014, 12:52 PM
(17-09-2014 10:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 06:40 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Revs and especially EK have been promoting Sarkeesian and Quinn.

Res, I recommend the following regimen to treat your anal glaucoma: You need to get outside. You are seriously lacking in life experience to spout this kind of nonsensical bullshit. Go spend some time with people - away from the computer and video games. Maybe take a sociology course or two. I think you would benefit from a women's studies class since you seem to be so interested in the issue. You also need to take a statistics course so you can more effectively evaluate if you're being fed a line of bullshit or not.

I'm really getting sick of hearing your twisted propaganda. It's really offensive. I put enough personal info in my reply to your bullshit feminism, rape and immigration post that you should understand why I won't repeat it. Quite frankly, it makes me nauseous. You have NO FUCKING CLUE about the real world and how it works.

Ad hominem. You have not even mentioned the argument being made.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
19-09-2014, 01:01 PM
(19-09-2014 12:52 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 10:28 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Res, I recommend the following regimen to treat your anal glaucoma: You need to get outside. You are seriously lacking in life experience to spout this kind of nonsensical bullshit. Go spend some time with people - away from the computer and video games. Maybe take a sociology course or two. I think you would benefit from a women's studies class since you seem to be so interested in the issue. You also need to take a statistics course so you can more effectively evaluate if you're being fed a line of bullshit or not.

I'm really getting sick of hearing your twisted propaganda. It's really offensive. I put enough personal info in my reply to your bullshit feminism, rape and immigration post that you should understand why I won't repeat it. Quite frankly, it makes me nauseous. You have NO FUCKING CLUE about the real world and how it works.

Ad hominem. You have not even mentioned the argument being made.

That means it can't even be an ad hominem comment.

Are you even trying?

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
21-09-2014, 12:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 12:39 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(17-09-2014 10:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  

How dare they Rolleyes

Still waiting for you to back up your statement that they are radical feminists Drinking Beverage

Sure, if you equate "defending their right to voice their opinion without being ganked by 4chan and reddit" with "promoting", then sure, I'm "promoting" them in Res' myopic worldview.

Feminism: The radical idea that women are people too.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-09-2014, 03:09 AM
(21-09-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Feminism: The radical idea that women are people too.

But it's an unequal radical idea you see because men are people and feminists don't address that Rolleyes here are some examples of men being treated badly. This proves that women aren't treated badly and should STFU and get back in the kitchen.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-09-2014, 05:45 AM
(21-09-2014 03:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 12:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Feminism: The radical idea that women are people too.

But it's an unequal radical idea you see because men are people and feminists don't address that Rolleyes here are some examples of men being treated badly. This proves that women aren't treated badly and should STFU and get back in the kitchen.

Strawman.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

21-09-2014, 08:25 AM
(21-09-2014 05:45 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 03:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  But it's an unequal radical idea you see because men are people and feminists don't address that Rolleyes here are some examples of men being treated badly. This proves that women aren't treated badly and should STFU and get back in the kitchen.

Strawman.

Rolleyes Satire, and only barely at that. You or Spino (your sock) pretty much made this exact argument.

I encourage you to be more of a pointless twit, it really is very convincing and you will eventually convert the world to your views.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-09-2014, 06:08 PM
(21-09-2014 08:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 05:45 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Strawman.

Rolleyes Satire, and only barely at that. You or Spino (your sock) pretty much made this exact argument.

I encourage you to be more of a pointless twit, it really is very convincing and you will eventually convert the world to your views.

I wish Spino was my sock puppet. He is awesome and (unlike me) he isn't an asshole.