The Lego star wars video game is fun.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-11-2012, 12:22 AM
RE: Christmas Gift Idea Help
I don't feel a particular need to be forgiven by DL. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Aw Erx, you're just jealous. Here, I'll make you feel better:

Gift recommendation for Lord Erxy...

Titanium concentrate nail. Cuz every connoisseur loves their concentrates, and there's no better way to dab.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-11-2012, 12:29 AM
(13-11-2012 12:26 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Aw Erx, you're just jealous. Here, I'll make you feel better:

Gift recommendation for Lord Erxy...

Titanium concentrate nail. Cuz every connoisseur loves their concentrates, and there's no better way to dab.
For real. That, and there's a hash oil dome I've got my eye on. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-11-2012, 09:00 AM
btw... happy Diwali Heart

I have a method for 'mass' shopping and when I still did christmas I could do all my shopping in a couple of hours on christmas eve.

My method is called 'the 3Fs'. You may think I'm joking but it actually works.

It's fool-proof and I should know cos I used it.

Firstly, shake from your mind the idea of... What does person x need or want?
You'll go crazy thinking about that, particularly for people you don't know too well.

You can't get inside someone else's head, so stop trying.

Then, follow the following steps:

1. Start early

2. Gather data: christmas gift recipients

3. Create a list of these (List A)

4. Categorise the recipients as per these 3 Fs:
F1 = Frivolous (e.g. best friend, brother)
F2 = Functional (e.g. father, uncle)
F3 = Forever (e.g. Wife, husband, bf, gf)

5. Gather data: Think of gifts that fit the 3 x F categories (do not try to fit these to List A, yet):
F1 = Frivolous (e.g. silly book, chocolates)
F2 = Functional (e.g. car cleaning kit, DIY book, photo album)
F3 = Forever (e.g. jewellery, perfume, photo album with photos of loved ones, an event (holiday tickets, skydiving vouchers) that will create a future memory)

6. Create this as a second list (List B)

7. Wait
8. until
9. the sales start

10. Buy lots of gifts as per List B (enough for the totals on List A, per category + a couple of spares)

11. Bring them home and match the gifts to the recipients (i.e. match the actual gifts to List A)

12. Wrap the gifts

13. Merry christmas

How easy was that?

Note 1: There will be some people who might fit into more than one category. In my experience most people only expect one gift so are delighted to get e.g. one romantic one and also one silly one (even if the overall monetary value is the same)

Note 2: Aim for gifts that can fit into more than one category (e.g. books). This gives you flexibility for step 11 (matching).

For those of you who think this is overly unemotional, analytical and dispassionate.... PAH!... It's actually good fun and also stress free.

Try it. You can thank me later.

Cheers
DLJ

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Jelly Beans for everyone!!!!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
13-11-2012, 10:51 AM
DLJ, That is an awesome strategy, and quite frankly I now think you a a genius. However, I always buy for only a few people...Mother (something frivolous for house, Father (????), Brother (Something with a little danger, something parents only approve because it came from me, and I didn't know they wouldn't approve of it...knives, bloody and cursing video games, bow/arrows)
Sister (easy to buy for, something Peanuts related, or something immaturely funny, something cute and silly), Father-In-Law (Typical man stuff, college/pro football stuff, cigar/dipping, gun related, camping related and wife....which I get wife stuff for. The wife buys for everyone else so I buy for no more than 6 folks...

13-11-2012, 11:09 AM
(13-11-2012 10:51 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  DLJ, That is an awesome strategy, and quite frankly I now think you are a genius.

Only just 'now'? Shocking
(and it's not even worth a 'like'?)

The principles still apply for the three gifts you are yet to procure.

I would suggest (presumptuously as I do not know them):

Father .... Functional
Brother ... Frivolous
Wife ....... Forever

Now, ignore the personalities of the persons. Completely wipe them from your thought process.
Think of a some stuff that fits into the above categories. Write them down.
Go shopping and look for the stuff you thought of.

E.g. On you Functional list, you've thought of an Atlas. Maybe your father would like it but at this stage it's not important. It's just one of many things on the Functional list.
You go shopping and see a brightly coloured inflatable globe (like a beach ball with the map of the world on it).
Buy it.
Give it to your brother (cos actually it's Frivolous).

That's kinda how it works.

Good luck.

And don't forget the 'Forever' idea (for your wife obviously) about making up a photo album with all her memories in it.
It does not matter if photos are not her thing... the intent, the effort, the creativity... just for her... shit-loads of brownie points!

13-11-2012, 11:35 AM
(13-11-2012 11:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Only just 'now'? Shocking

KC junior... Dodgy

Here's an idea... FUCK CHRISTMAS. If you have regard for someone, you show that regard all year round. Not get yourself burdened down with debt to provide some useless trinket for some ungrateful fuck in the name of a tradition that just perpetuates your own enslavement. Angry

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2012, 11:37 AM
(13-11-2012 11:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-11-2012 11:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Only just 'now'? Shocking

KC junior... Dodgy

Here's an idea... FUCK CHRISTMAS. If you have regard for someone, you show that regard all year round. Not get yourself burdened down with debt to provide some useless trinket for some ungrateful fuck in the name of a tradition that just perpetuates your own enslavement. Angry
But but but but...but, Johnny, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. And Wise Men Still Seek Him.

~Izel