Christmas and the Stress of Online Shopping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
Christmas and the Stress of Online Shopping
Here's my list of people to buy for with money I don't have but I know ill find if I don't want some very tearful children on my hands. The things I do for love.

Jazz-Marie

Hello Kitty Tea Set 8.00

Hello Kitty Plushie 10.00

Christian

Ship in a bottle 30.00

Shawn

WWE DVD 15.00

Mom

Faberge egg 45.00

Vidal

Leather journal and fountain pen 35.00

Paula

India Arie Acoustic Soul 11.00

Becky

Royal Diaries audio 20.00

Lilly

Barbie and One Direction 25.00

Total 199 (no tax)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: Christmas and the Stress of Online Shopping
Oh my list is so so scary........... think I'm not eating in Jan. *sigh*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
03-12-2013, 08:47 AM
I don't usually buy gifts for the adults. Its difficult and uncomfortable to do at first if you have always exchanged with them, but we are all relieved that we no longer have to worry about it.

And we usually end up spending the money doing other things, like eating out or going to the movies or something else fun.

save your $, less stress, more happiness

Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-12-2013, 09:56 AM
(03-12-2013 08:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I don't usually buy gifts for the adults. Its difficult and uncomfortable to do at first if you have always exchanged with them, but we are all relieved that we no longer have to worry about it.

And we usually end up spending the money doing other things, like eating out or going to the movies or something else fun.

save your $, less stress, more happiness

Smile

My family does this some years as well. This is going to be one of them. Between my mortgage and $10,000 per semester in tuition this coming year, I just can't justify buying crap that no one needs.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
when I was in college (and very broke), my brother, just home from the military , was newly married to a woman with 5 kids….all elementary school aged. I had to do something, but I was broke. I had about $30 to buy gifts for 5.

I went to the toy store looking for a game, but couldn't find one that the 5 y/o and the 11 y/o would both enjoy. I found silly string. $2 per can. Each kid got 2 cans….including myself and my brother.

I repeated this gift every year I was in college because it was just SO MUCH FUN….they are all in their 20's now, with kids of their own, and they STILL talk about how much they enjoyed it.

experiences make lasting memories.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller