Christmas caroling. Help me out here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 10:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Christmas caroling. Help me out here
(09-12-2013 10:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 10:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ... Lo, ... I saw three ... figgy ... virgin's

How did the performance go?

It was very fun. Big orchestra, (a couple remembered me from high school Dodgy ("oooh you grew up")), and"you REALLY should join this group".. right. Like THAT would work. My BF gave me a hug afterwards, right in front of the bishop. THAT was humorous. He looked at me like : "oh, ....... oooohhh". Heh heh. I was surprised some of my dad's partners and their wives even showed up. I never thought it was THAT big a deal. I guess my mom "promoted" it. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
(09-12-2013 08:14 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  So I really like singing. And since caroling is a good opportunity to sing, I decided to organize a little choir to sing Carol of the Bells (acapella!) at our school's Christmas party. I figured we could try it out, see how it goes, and then maybe choose another one to work on if our practices go well.
So we've practiced a few times and it's going alright, and the little group is all ooh we should choose another song! So ok that's cool, but they're coming out with like, O Holy Night, Silent Night, and all these songs about Jesus. I tried to say I don't want to sing about Jesus, and I got told I was being hostile and that Jesus is what Christmas is all about! Hobo
What do I do? It was my freakin' idea to sing, I'm directing the practices, and I don't want to sing a song that tells people to fall down and worship the baby Jesus! But I don't want to be a dictator Sad but I wanna sing Sad

"Sleigh Ride."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM
On the thirteenth day of Xmas, my true love gave to me..."

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
09-12-2013, 12:42 PM
(09-12-2013 10:43 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Sometimes you can enjoy the music and ignore the words...

"Some of the hymns that they sing have nice chords but the lyrics are dodgy"

09-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Yeah it's hard for me to ignore the words, they give me a serious case of the eye-rolls.
I was thinking about suggesting Adeste Fideles. At least in Latin it's more bearable.
And yes! I would love to do the twelve days of Christmas! But I don't think the group is for it. I'm trying to find some kind of compromise...