Christmas idea - input?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Christmas idea - input?
So tell me - does this sound too cheesy?

We will have seven adults and two young kids (9 and 5) here on Christmas Eve for dinner and for the kids to open their gifts from Mike and me. The adults aren't getting much - basically a gift card. So I thought of something to help the kids feel like they are giving gifts to the adults.

I bought seven bags of Ghirardelli candy, all different flavors in the typical Christmas packaging. I have a Christmas themed basket that I thought I would put them in. Then I would write each adult's name on a piece of paper. The nine year old can draw a name and that person gets to pick first. The five year old can run around with the basket and let the person choose. Repeat for each of the gifts of candy.

Whatdaya think?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
18-12-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Christmas idea - input?
(18-12-2014 08:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So tell me - does this sound too cheesy?

We will have seven adults and two young kids (9 and 5) here on Christmas Eve for dinner and for the kids to open their gifts from Mike and me. The adults aren't getting much - basically a gift card. So I thought of something to help the kids feel like they are giving gifts to the adults.

I bought seven bags of Ghirardelli candy, all different flavors in the typical Christmas packaging. I have a Christmas themed basket that I thought I would put them in. Then I would write each adult's name on a piece of paper. The nine year old can draw a name and that person gets to pick first. The five year old can run around with the basket and let the person choose. Repeat for each of the gifts of candy.

Whatdaya think?

At what time do you want me there?
Drooling

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
18-12-2014, 08:59 PM
(18-12-2014 08:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Whatdaya think?

At what time do you want me there?
Drooling

I think I may need to sample from each just to make sure it's okay to give as a gift. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

18-12-2014, 09:12 PM
my girls would enjoy that......they would also fight over who delivered the candy, but they are bratty sometimes, (oops, did I say that outloud?)

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-12-2014, 09:15 PM
(18-12-2014 09:12 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  my girls would enjoy that......they would also fight over who delivered the candy, but they are bratty sometimes, (oops, did I say that outloud?)

Well, I figure I need to leave the name drawing to the one who can read.

But I understand what you mean.

18-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a plan. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-12-2014, 09:25 PM
(18-12-2014 09:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 09:12 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  my girls would enjoy that......they would also fight over who delivered the candy, but they are bratty sometimes, (oops, did I say that outloud?)

Well, I figure I need to leave the name drawing to the one who can read.

your grandkids have a bigger age difference so there is probably more cooperation rather than competition, mine are just under 2 years apart so EVERYTHING is "if she is doing/having/getting/allowed to do that, then I want to too. "

christmas break started today....I have three weeks to go. Sadcryface

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-12-2014, 09:29 PM
(18-12-2014 09:25 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 09:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, I figure I need to leave the name drawing to the one who can read.

your grandkids have a bigger age difference so there is probably more cooperation rather than competition, mine are just under 2 years apart so EVERYTHING is "if she is doing/having/getting/allowed to do that, then I want to too. "

christmas break started today....I have three weeks to go. Sadcryface

If all mine were here (including the bonus grandchild), we would have 3, 5, 7, and 9 - then there would be an issue.

My baby is on vacation till the 30th and has been for a couple days already. But he is 27 and not nearly the pain to have around - I sure remember having everyone home for the holidays. Tongue

25-12-2014, 08:22 PM
I have to say this plan was a hit.

The girls had a lot of fun and the adults liked getting the candy. Worked out well, was not expensive and caused lots of smiles.

Thumbsup

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-12-2014, 09:15 AM

Whatdaya think?

Cheesy? Perhaps.
Fun? Likely.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post