Christmas "prank" teaches wonderful lesson

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Smile Christmas "prank" teaches wonderful lesson
While this is meant to be funny...there is an amazing lesson about race and perception.

I fear some of you racist gun nuts would've blown them away before they got to sing! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
01-12-2015, 09:29 AM
RE: Christmas "prank" teaches wonderful lesson
I'd be more likely to close the door and lock it if a group of white carolers came calling. Or mormons.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
01-12-2015, 09:33 AM
(01-12-2015 09:29 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'd be more likely to close the door and lock it if a group of white carolers came calling. Or mormons.

Those are some pretty scary fuckers!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-12-2015, 09:35 AM
And if you saw a guy in his front yard with a shotgun - you'd call the cops.......

And -- the guy reaching inside his jacket --- THAT's not an attempt to look like a "victim" --- by threatening someone with having a gun pulled on them????

SUUUREE.....

This is just like jebus freaks calling it "persecution" when someone erects a cross on public property...

The mailman doesn't show up in a tutu.

The cops don't show up in bathrobes.

And christmas carolers don't generally show up dressed like someone who belongs on a "gangsta rap" album.

How you present yourself is how you can expect people to act.

That's life. It's not racism.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Called it. Drinking Beverage

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-12-2015, 09:40 AM
If five white men showed up in the exact same clothes - most people would have an identical reaction.

If the same black men showed up in Marine Corps uniforms - they would be almost universally accepted.

Sadly -- clothes do make the man......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-12-2015, 09:44 AM
That was fun.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-12-2015, 09:45 AM
(01-12-2015 09:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If five white men showed up in the exact same clothes - most people would have an identical reaction.

If the same black men showed up in Marine Corps uniforms - they would be almost universally accepted.

If five white guys showed up wearing the same clothes and acting the same way, you're probably right about the reaction. But that is still a backwards and ignorant reaction.

If 5 marines showed up at my door, I would instantly assume a loved one was killed in action and would probably start hyperventilating.

The prank is intended to play off of the fact that such innate stereotypes exist that, in this case, are based in no small part on racial divisions.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
01-12-2015, 09:51 AM
(01-12-2015 09:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 09:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If five white men showed up in the exact same clothes - most people would have an identical reaction.

If five white guys showed up wearing the same clothes and acting the same way, you're probably right about the reaction. But that is still a backwards and ignorant reaction.

If 5 marines showed up at my door, I would instantly assume a loved one was killed in action and would probably start hyperventilating.

The prank is intended to play off of the fact that such innate stereotypes exist that, in this case, are based in no small part on racial divisions.

In this case, the factors of race and dress are not separable variables as the dress is highly correlated with the race. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2015, 10:11 AM
(01-12-2015 09:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 09:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  If five white guys showed up wearing the same clothes and acting the same way, you're probably right about the reaction. But that is still a backwards and ignorant reaction.

In this case, the factors of race and dress are not separable variables as the dress is highly correlated with the race. Consider

Yeah. There are a lot of people out there who would happily assume that "wiggers" are the same as "niggers." In fact, I'd bet you'd find that exact sentiment among many of the people in the town I grew up in. The white guy dressed (in their view) "like a thug" (thug being a codeword for black) is the same as a "thug."

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post