Christopher Hitchens has died.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011
He died today. I didn't agree with him but any death is sad. At least his pain from cancer is finished.

Sad

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
15-12-2011, 11:45 PM
RE: Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011
Such a great mind.
15-12-2011, 11:45 PM
A brilliant mind, such a shame this is...

A tragic loss, but nonetheless another will fill his shoes and carry on the legacy of rationalist.

Interesting Carl Sagan and Chris both died at the age of 62. Luckily Dawkins has surpassed that and hopefully will continue his amazing life for more glorious years to come.

RIP Christopher Hitchens - thanks for everything.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
[+] 4 users Like Alaskan Atheist's post
15-12-2011, 11:49 PM
It was expected from this unit. I don't do the grieving the dead - as a human, I completely suck in this area - I simply do not accept the hypothesis of death as it is commonly understood.

Honoring a man or a woman for their tao; that I do, heart and mind.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-12-2011, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 01:14 AM by Buddy Christ.)
Go to the Yahoo news story and scroll down to the comments. As expected they are filled with Christians gleefully exclaiming that he's burning in hell and that "God showed him just how great he actually is."

I've found throughout my life that Christians are hypocritical, pretentious sadists, standing on their pedestal of self-importance spouting disrespectful hate-speech toward their fellow man, all the while claiming, "I know this isn't very Christian of me, but..." when in fact it fits the Christian behavioral scheme perfectly.

Christopher Hitchens no longer has to deal with mankind and its ridiculous beliefs, so he is finally at peace.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 9 users Like Buddy Christ's post
16-12-2011, 01:03 AM
(16-12-2011 12:51 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Go to the Yahoo news story and scroll down to the comments. As expected they are filled with Christians gleefully exclaiming that he's burning in hell and that "God showed him just how great he actually is."

Angry Grrr. Idiots.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
16-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Christopher Hitchens has died.
One of the wisest intellectuals of our time has died hours ago. He will be missed.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 7 users Like daemonowner's post
16-12-2011, 02:23 AM
RE: Christopher Hitchens has died.
Feeling kind of emotional right now . . .

Rest in peace, Hitch. You were a brave and honest man, and millions of grateful people around the world will miss you.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
16-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Very sad news. I had tickets to listen to him speak in Seattle but he had to cancel and I seem to remember it having to do with his health. That will always be something I wish I had gotten to do in my lifetime. Very much enjoyed watching his debates and reading his books. He will be missed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
16-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Sad RE: Christopher Hitchens has died.
I'm completely and utterly stunned to hear this sad news today.
Rest in peace Mr Hitchens, thank you for the memories.