• 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2011, 12:34 AM
RE: Christopher Hitchens has died.
Totally devastating
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 02:08 AM
So sad, I heard of this the morning after/or same morning, not sure with timezone differences. Such a shame that a great mind should die before the age of 70. Sad

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof Christopher Hitchens

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion Steven Weinberg
19-12-2011, 03:17 AM
I drank a half gallon of rum and a case of Hefe's in tribute.. R.I.P Hitch

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
20-12-2011, 03:32 AM
I couldn't stop laughing hysterricaly at that xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...FmIMAA46A8

He loves him, so hes gonna torture him for eternity
not just a little while as a slap on the wrist.
By that logic i would expect this guy to say that hitler will go to heaven
if he had repented all his sins before dying xD

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
20-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Owl right, this'll do. Been prowling long enough looking for a thread to make my first post in!

He will be very very very sorely missed. He could be disrespectful and abrasive, but quite frankly the people to which he was deserved it. People insisting that, for instance, homosexuals are somehow not worthy of the same rights as other people deserve no respect whatsoever. He kicked arse where arses needed to be kicked.

Of course, the people who were on the receiving end of his arguments will say he was just being a dick, but I'm not expecting any rationality from those people anyway.
[+] 3 users Like Elcarch's post
21-12-2011, 02:36 AM
(20-12-2011 02:14 PM)Elcarch Wrote:  Owl right, this'll do. Been prowling long enough looking for a thread to make my first post in!

He will be very very very sorely missed. He could be disrespectful and abrasive, but quite frankly the people to which he was deserved it. People insisting that, for instance, homosexuals are somehow not worthy of the same rights as other people deserve no respect whatsoever. He kicked arse where arses needed to be kicked.

Of course, the people who were on the receiving end of his arguments will say he was just being a dick, but I'm not expecting any rationality from those people anyway.

This is a good place to jump in and a worthy tribute!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-12-2011, 05:30 PM
It is a great lost for all atheists and people with real life logic... But as someone says it here before, other will come and fit his large legacy boots... and it may even be Seth the owner of this forum, me or any other atheists, philosophers, logical thinkers that comes out of forums like this one, anyone who fights for reason and the release of doctrinal power over the mind will become a free thinker, will live his/her life with the sole goal of being happy and making people happy (or being a galloping idiot, killing everybody but still know that heaven/hell doesn't exist), productive and a good citizen without the feeling that all its existence his owned by some great ghostly power that loved us so much, he sent his own son (himself) to safe humanity that he condamn from the first day he created it Undecided.

I own and read many of Hitchens books (12 of them) and also attended few of his seminars and just hearing his baritone voice and conviction that god was a man-made fiction was the best show I ever attended in my life. Some would say he was an angry atheist which would burn in fury when someone disagree with him... he wasn't mad at them directly he was mad at that stubborn stupidity that the theists would publicly show when they are proven wrong again and again and again.

Video: 30th of September 2007, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens together for the first time

I actually just found out he was dead today, seems that atheist communicators don't get as much press (until Dawkins dies), but yes I also seen all those "Happy Clappers" christians comments and as always the imbecility of some commenters would never cease to amaze me in Yahoo and You Tube equally... I did reply to some of them that; wishing and/or saying that somebody would go to hell, according to their religious doctrine is a sin... mostly when they wish someone to suffer eternal damnation, to get kill or hurt on purpose. It is written black on white in their rule book: "ONLY GOD HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE" therefore, they are in no position to claim that he's in hell or going to hell. Doing so, may jeopardize their own possible entry in their fictive paradise... Yes, it did shut up some of them.

All that I can say about Hitchen is that at 62yo he achieved much more than so many cardinals, priests, sheiks, popes, rabbis (sorry no capitals for any of them they are not as important as they believe to be) out there by opening people's mind and allow them to see life for what it really is... he has lost the battle with cancer, but the words will keep going and growing and spreading, being atheist is not a religion, but opening mind is a devotion. Just thanks! Cheers I'll have one beer for you tonight Tongue

(19-12-2011 03:17 AM)ddrew Wrote:  I drank a half gallon of rum and a case of Hefe's in tribute.. R.I.P Hitch

And you are still alive... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin I was going to say R.I.P to you too LOL

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
[+] 3 users Like jakejakelamasabachtani's post
14-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I have to add this one... I think it's time for a laugh, and I think Mr Hitchens would be amused.

It was done by an admirer of Hitchens ... it even states that Hitch hated Hitler... and still, it's funny as hell.
Enjoy. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post