Christopher Hitchens on Hillary Clinton (Counter Point)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 04:57 AM
Christopher Hitchens on Hillary Clinton (Counter Point)
The other side of the coin in response to Sam Harris on Trump. Keep in mind this doesn't include the enormous amount of revelations that has happened in the past election, especially the wikileaks leaks. Not to discredit Sam, I actually agree with most of his points.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
13-11-2016, 05:02 AM
RE: Christopher Hitchens on Hillary Clinton (Counter Point)
Still if it was Clinton versus Trump? When he'd already said that he could imagine voting for Clinton under the right circumstances? It's not like she wasn't sufficiently hawkish (of which they were both too much for my taste). Would Hitch have vote for a demagogue over Clinton? I find myself agreeing with Sam more on that one. Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-11-2016, 05:35 AM
RE: Christopher Hitchens on Hillary Clinton (Counter Point)
(13-11-2016 05:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Still if it was Clinton versus Trump? When he'd already said that he could imagine voting for Clinton under the right circumstances? It's not like she wasn't sufficiently hawkish (of which they were both too much for my taste). Would Hitch have vote for a demagogue over Clinton? I find myself agreeing with Sam more on that one. Undecided

Well, I don't think you should ask yourself, who is the better authority figure, Sam or Christopher, and then do what you think they would do. Listen to their points, add it to what you already know, and then form your own opinion, which should be subject to change based on new information and self-reflection.

That being said, at least when it comes to accepting Syrian refugees, and Muslim immigrants, I think Christopher's position would be closer to Trumps than Hillarys. Stop mass-immigration and vet those coming in. If unable to vet them, deny citizenship. As for who is more Hawkish, I think that is undeniably Clinton. She even brags about her hawkish positions as a positive quality. Would have Christopher voted for her? I don't think so. He truly loathed her, and rightfully so. At the same time, I'm not saying he would've voted for Trump either. I'll just say, I don't know what he would've done, but that isn't particularly important.