Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Wink Christopher Hitchens to debate religion at UW
The Record.Com

* By Liz Monteiro, Record staff
* Sat May 28 2011

Christopher Hitchens to debate religion at UW

WATERLOO — Barry Brummett says he isn’t a rock star but Christopher Hitchens practically is.

The two men are to take the stage at the Humanities Theatre at the University of Waterloo for a debate at a sold-out full house on June 4. (Full Article)

[Image: 7.gif][Image: 3.gif] His voice is back! His voice is back! Watch out cancer, you don't know who you're messing with!

I had a dream about Hitchens last night. We were at this conference and I looked at him and said I really admired his work. Then I stroked his face and he looked at me so oddly, and then...I woke up! Confused
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2011, 04:18 PM
RE: Christopher Hitchens to debate religion at UW
Now that is amazing. The Hitch is not going quietly at least. From what I read hes still terminal, and this is probably a victorious battle during a losing war, but what a victory. Will it be televised? I hope so.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2011, 06:24 PM
(28-05-2011 04:18 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  From what I read hes still terminal, and this is probably a victorious battle during a losing war, but what a victory.

Nothing to win, nothing to lose. Dude gets that. He's my hero. Hope he's not suffering in pain.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-05-2011, 10:44 AM

I wish I didn't move away from Waterloo. I lived there most of my life. Four years ago, I moved across the country. Fine timing. Now I won't get to meet the Hitch before he dies. If I were still living in Waterloo, however, I would have been able to meet him quite easily (provided personal meetings were allowed).

Anyway, great news that his voice is back! I hope they record this debate and make it available for viewing. I'm sure Hitch will crush his debate opponent.
30-05-2011, 12:09 AM

Not even god can keep the Hitch down. I have a feeling that I'll be quoting this debate for months.
30-05-2011, 02:50 AM
"Last November, Hitchens was in Toronto to debate religion as a force for good in the world with former British prime minister Tony Blair. All 2,700 seats at Roy Thomson Hall were sold out within hours."
This I found Amusing, but not surprising.

"Brummett said he will stick to what he knows: rhetoric."
I don't think that will make for an interesting debate, also considering he's against the christian churches..

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
30-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Mr. Brummet, prepare to be Hitch-slapped! Big Grin
I sure hope someone's filming it!

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
30-05-2011, 05:43 PM