Christopher Hitchens vs. Dinesh D'Souza

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Christopher Hitchens vs. Dinesh D'Souza
I found a very informative video on YouTube that featured Christopher Hitchens and Dinesh D'Souza in a debate held by the Uninversity of Notre Dame. It's one of the few debates (read: ONLY) that I've seen where both sides, atheist and theist, feature opponents who are educated, civil, and make their case without resorting to quoting scripture or stooping to the point of insulting, badgering, or otherwise trying to invoke violent reactions from the other side.

It's rather long, a little under two hours, but this is a really good piece of intellectual discussion. Plus, it has the added bonus of a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference at the very end in Hitchen's closing remarks. ^^

As always, your thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told.
-George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2011, 10:30 PM
RE: Christopher Hitchens vs. Dinesh D'Souza
You know... you're allowed to post videos.

I assume you're talking about this one.

I watched it before and found that Hitchens presented logic in his typical fashion; straightforward, unrelenting, and direct... while D'Souza does what he always does... dodge the evidence and the questions while playing to the crowd, going "you notice that he STILL didn't answer [some vague question that has nothing to do with anything]!"

These Notre Dame debates have become an annual thing. This year's was Sam Harris vs William Lane Craig. It was also awesome.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
27-05-2011, 10:38 PM
I didn't know that, nor do I know how to imbed them, but thank you.

I'll have to watch the second part later when I'm more awake and alert. Thanks for posting!

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told.
-George Carlin
27-05-2011, 11:25 PM
It's that little TV icon on the right when you're responding. You can choose from youtube.

Sorry if I was "blunt" (teehee) before. It's Friday and I'm inebriated. Cheers to humanity.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."