Christopher Hitchens vs Dishonest William Dembski

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2014, 01:39 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 01:48 PM by Ace.)
Christopher Hitchens vs Dishonest William Dembski

this is the first time I'm seeing him without hair

also dembski's ignorance and dishonesty is so obvious
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2014, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 02:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Christopher Hitchens vs Dishonest William Dembski
"Intelligent Design" is an argument against the gods.
A really omnipotent deity could make life happen in a structure that does not of necessity appear to us to be "designed".
Dembski is an idiot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Oddly enough, I watched this one again a coupla days ago.

Best closing EVER!

29-10-2014, 02:27 PM
(29-10-2014 02:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Intelligent Design" is an argument against the god.
A really omnipotent deity could make life happen in a structure that does not of necessity appear to us to be "designed".
Dembski is an idiot.

here's omnipotence

I really want to see an attempt at making god a coherent concept when attributing all the things with the word "omni" thrown in at the front
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
29-10-2014, 02:33 PM
(29-10-2014 02:27 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 02:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Intelligent Design" is an argument against the god.
Dembski is an idiot.

here's omnipotence

I really want to see an attempt at making god a coherent concept when attributing all the things with the word "omni" thrown in at the front

A deity which "cannot" do something is subject to the nature of Reality, and therefore what it ... "cannot" ... is *be* the creator of the very Reality to which it is subject.
The origin and nature of Reality remains unexplained and beyond that god's powers.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-10-2014, 02:42 PM
(29-10-2014 02:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 02:27 PM)Ace Wrote:  here's omnipotence

A deity which "cannot" do something is subject to the nature of Reality, and therefore what it ... "cannot" ... is *be* the creator of the very Reality to which it is subject.
The origin and nature of Reality remains unexplained and beyond that god's powers.

creationist response: god is reality

am I far from the ball park on that ?
29-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Just watched some bits from this on youtube yesterday. Some good Hitch moments throughout, and a good hammer down closing too (but when has he ever not brought down the hammer in the end!).

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —