Chromosome condensation, amazing evidence of design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 07:35 AM
RE: Chromosome condensation, amazing evidence of design
You know what I don't get about YECs and other creationists? Saying that God designed and created this amazing biology is actually less impressive than saying that God created an autonomous process which creates and adapts amazing biology.

EC/TE's version of God is far more impressive than a YEC/OEC/PC/ID's version.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
17-07-2015, 07:40 AM
(17-07-2015 05:46 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Since when can something arise from absolutely nothing ?? Laugh out load

If something cannot be made from nothing, what did god use to make the universe?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
17-07-2015, 07:56 AM
(17-07-2015 07:40 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 05:46 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Since when can something arise from absolutely nothing ?? Laugh out load

If something cannot be made from nothing, what did god use to make the universe?

The question is irrelevant. "Arising" "making" and "creating" are *action* verbs. To have an action, one must already have (space)-time. Time as a dimension did not exist (as far as we now know) until this universe existed. Until we do know something about what may or may not be external to this universe, (or whether that notion even makes any sense at all), one cannot use action verbs in that context. The very notion of a god "creating" somthing refutes it's "eternal" character, as it places a timestamp in an eternal past and an eternal future. The notion of "creation" is incompatible with eternity.

So sad. Too bad. Time for Plan B.

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-07-2015, 09:07 AM
(17-07-2015 04:46 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 08:38 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Really? Life couldn't have begun with simpler DNA/RNA that didn't compact up like this and didn't need to be unpacked? You cited eukaryote processes specifically. Eukaryota are very advanced single-cell organisms, and you have said nothing about the far-more basic bacteria.

The is no way of which prokaryotes could have evolved into eukaryotes, in the same manner as there is no way a beetle could be transformed into a Rolls Royce. So let me get that more specific for you : These nano motors are life essential for eukaryotic cells.

No way? Here, let me help educate you.

Quote:
Quote:And now I'm leaning towards "crap he doesn't understand", on the grounds of "he thinks organisms actually choose or want to evolve". Dude, TRUST me. You'll embarrass yourself far less if you actually learn what evolution is, rather than what its detractors and the ID spin doctors maliciously misrepresent it as being.

I know what evolution is, and you have still not provided a explanation why evolution should be the best explanation for emerge of the nano motors in question.

It is very clear that you have a cartoonish understanding of the theory of evolution.

Here you go, more knowledge.

Quote:
Quote:But we know of no intelligent minds capable of existing PRIOR TO THE ADVENT OF CELL DIVISION.

Knowing in the absolute sense of the term we do not. But a eternal, powerful creator of the univese and life is well conceivable, and makes a lot of sense. Everything coming from nothing, makes no sense to me. And we knot the universe is not eternal.

Not really. Where does it reside? How does it function? And where is the evidence?

The rest of your ignorant dreck is just as easily refuted.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-07-2015, 09:17 AM
(16-07-2015 08:41 PM)Grave Wrote:  The Bible says God took the dust of the earth and formed man and breathed the breath of life into him. According to the Bible, man was created by God for God. God made man to serve him, but because he loved man so much he gave us free will so that we aren't forced to obey him or serve him. Man messes up in the Bible so God decides to destroy man because he is a jealous God. God can't coexist with sin so when sin entered into the world God had to start judging mankind. Gods way of saving mankind was by sending Jesus to die on the cross to bear the sins of the world so that we may be forgiven for our sins and coexist with God in heaven. Your sins can be forgiven by believing in Jesus Christ and that he died for your sin and that we can leave our sin on the cross with him. If we do not ask for that forgiveness and strive to no longer sin (although it is impossible to be without sin because sin is in mankind) then we will have to face the punishment of hell because we won't be allowed to coexist with that sin in heaven with God. The whole reason for the virgin birth of Jesus was so the sin nature wouldn't be passed down from man since Jesus was actually God in the form of man. Jesus was the evidence and physical proof of God. He was Gods way of showing his existence. Jesus never did any wrong and never sinned. The reason God isn't on earth showing us his existence is because he cannot coexist with man because of sin. Jesus was 100% human while also 100% God. He was tempted and tried by Satan but he still didn't sin because he was God. He literally became sin for us so that our future generations could be saved. I'm just letting you all know what Christians believe God and Jesus and man is so that you won't have to ask for definitions in the future. Theist don't do a good job of explaining this before attacking the Atheist.

Yeah, I know all that. I used to be Catholic. The problem is that none of it makes the slightest bit of sense. It's just as wacky as all the other religions out there.

I think you'll find that many atheists know more about religion than many religious people. That's why we repudiate it and laugh at it. One of the surest roads to atheism is to read the Bible (all of it -- not just the parts that the church cherry-picks for you). Do that, and you'll see how silly it all is (unless you're reading it with presuppositional blinders on).
17-07-2015, 09:22 AM
(16-07-2015 08:41 PM)Grave Wrote:  The Bible says God took the dust of the earth and formed man and breathed the breath of life into him. According to the Bible, man was created by God for God. God made man to serve him, but because he loved man so much he gave us free will so that we aren't forced to obey him or serve him. Man messes up in the Bible so God decides to destroy man because he is a jealous God. God can't coexist with sin so when sin entered into the world God had to start judging mankind. Gods way of saving mankind was by sending Jesus to die on the cross to bear the sins of the world so that we may be forgiven for our sins and coexist with God in heaven. Your sins can be forgiven by believing in Jesus Christ and that he died for your sin and that we can leave our sin on the cross with him. If we do not ask for that forgiveness and strive to no longer sin (although it is impossible to be without sin because sin is in mankind) then we will have to face the punishment of hell because we won't be allowed to coexist with that sin in heaven with God. The whole reason for the virgin birth of Jesus was so the sin nature wouldn't be passed down from man since Jesus was actually God in the form of man. Jesus was the evidence and physical proof of God. He was Gods way of showing his existence. Jesus never did any wrong and never sinned. The reason God isn't on earth showing us his existence is because he cannot coexist with man because of sin. Jesus was 100% human while also 100% God. He was tempted and tried by Satan but he still didn't sin because he was God. He literally became sin for us so that our future generations could be saved. I'm just letting you all know what Christians believe God and Jesus and man is so that you won't have to ask for definitions in the future. Theist don't do a good job of explaining this before attacking the Atheist.

We already knew the superstitious drivel the OP believes, thanks. Quit preaching.

Oh, and invest in some paragraph breaks while you're at it.
17-07-2015, 09:24 AM
The Bible also says "For dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return".
The Hebrews did not believe in heaven or hell, or immortality.
I bet they never told you THAT in Sunday School, Grave.
Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-07-2015, 09:35 AM
(16-07-2015 09:25 PM)Grave Wrote:  Only some Christians believe in predestination. The Bible says that God is all-knowing, so when the Bible says that some can't come to Christ it doesn't have to mean that some people are given the gift and some aren't. It just means that God already knows who will and who won't accept it.

Can you go against what God knows? If God knows you will choose belief and Heaven, can you choose the opposite?

If so, God doesn't know everything.

If not, free will is an illusion.
17-07-2015, 09:47 AM
(16-07-2015 09:59 PM)Grave Wrote:  Other verses about anyone receiving salvation.

...you have no idea what you're talking about. The Bible MOST DEFINITELY does not say anyone can receive salvation. The Bible does not teach free will.

Let's go over your verses:

1 Peter 3:21 - this is addressing believers... not just "anyone". The context is clear.

Romans 10:9 - again... who is he addressing? The Roman church. Not just anyone... the first word in in chapter 10 is "adelphos" which is used to address a "Christian brother". Source. Not to mention, Paul spends the majority of chapter 8 and all of chapter 9 blatantly saying that salvation is only for the elect. Nice cherry picking.

Acts 22:16 - lol wtf does this have anything to do with "anyone" receiving salvation. This is about Paul and Ananias. Did you even read this?

John 3:16-17 - ahhh old reliable. I can't tell you how many times I've had to educate people on this verse. In John 3:16, the phrase "whosoever will" is not in the original language. The Greek literally reads "the believing ones". In essence, even John 3:16 limits the atonement and the purpose of the coming of Christ to only "the believing ones". These believing one, elect, are found scattered all throughout the world in every nation, tribe, and tongue. It literally reads, "in order that all the believing ones in him" the "believing ones" is a participle that is being used as a noun to refer to a specific group of people. Also, ‎"all" does not mean "whosoever". Furthermore, in the sentence structure "pas" is an adjective that describes the participle "believing ones" and thus describes "all" in that specific group, ie, the believing ones, not every individual that ever lived.

Eph 2:8-9 - again... talking to the elect in Ephesus. Again... did you even read this? This has nothing to do with "anyone" receiving salvation. In fact, in chapter 1 it talks about how the elect were predestined for salvation before the world even came into being. Source

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-07-2015, 09:47 AM
(16-07-2015 10:32 PM)Grave Wrote:  Earlier I said Salvation before the cross and after the cross were two different things and in a way that's right. In the Old Testament they had to abide by the law, but grace through faith ultimately still saved them the way it saves us today according to the Bible. This explains that so that I don't have to.

Spoken like a true religious drone.