Chromosome condensation, amazing evidence of design

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2015, 07:54 AM
RE: Chromosome condensation, amazing evidence of design
(16-07-2015 06:56 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Chromosome condensation, amazing evidence of design

Enough! I'm convinced. Your learned and erudite copy-pasting has convinced me that there must be an Intelligent Designer.

Now, if only I knew who it was. Can you point me to him/her/it? At one point I thought it was YHWH until I read this in Lev. 11:20-23 which says, "All winged insects that go on all fours are detestable to you. Yet among the winged insects that go on all fours you may eat those that have jointed legs above their feet, with which to hop on the ground. Of them you may eat: the locust of any kind, the bald locust of any kind, the cricket of any kind, and the grasshopper of any kind. But all other winged insects that have four feet are detestable to you".

Not very intelligent of YHWH to forget that insects (part of his own creation) all have six legs, not four. Why permit or ban the consumption of something that does not exist?

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
18-07-2015, 09:36 AM
GE, if it could actually be shown that all the hypotheses we have regarding abiogenesis are impossible given the conditions of the early earth, what exactly would that prove?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-07-2015, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 10:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-07-2015 05:01 AM)Godexists Wrote:  So you have certainty that live began 4 bio years ago ?? amazing. Btw. the issue in question is, if there were a reduced atmosphere at all. The evidence says , most probably not.

First of all, it's "life" not 'live". (You constantly demonstrate that you lack even a basic education.)

Secondly, ANAEROBES (you can look that up in your handy-dandy Jebus pocket dictionary), grow in the ABSENSE of oxygen, so a "reduced atmosphere' not only is no problem for them, but it's how they thrive, and real scientists think they evolved first.
http://nitro.biosci.arizona.edu/courses/...igins.html

So here we have yet another nut-case suffering from this mental illness :
(he actually REALLY thinks he's an expert in a subject, about which, he really knows ABSOLUTELY nothing) :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2...ger_effect

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-07-2015, 11:38 AM
I was pretty astounded by that response, as well. Choosing not to answer. Besides, as Unfogged properly pointed out, even if all our current hypothetical models of early earth and the formation of life on the planet turn out to be wrong, it proves nothing but that science worked to test and falsify competing ideas until the right one is found.

Several of the current potential models look highly promising to me, though I'm not an expert in that particular field, just a (virus-focused) Bachelor-degreed biochemist who worked for several years as a field biologist/ecologist.

To Godexists -

As others pointed out to you, the websites you were quoting deliberately misrepresented the truth when citing science articles. Should you not feel shame at having posted that? Doesn't that bear false witness?

More importantly, shouldn't it make you pause and think, "Oh crap, the people upon whom I have been relying for my borrowed 'expertise' have been lying to me to fit their agenda, lying about basic and very provable stuff, so maybe I should question the rest of what they're saying, too" ?

We know what science is, how it works, and what it says. When you come in here and misrepresent it ON PURPOSE, even by proxy, it just makes us feel shame on your behalf. When you refuse to apologize for such mistakes, as we do with one another when proven wrong, it shows that you are not an honest person.

Does this really serve the God you claim to worship, posting lies "on His behalf"?

If you cannot face that Creationist websites misrepresent the truth, even when shown to you, and cannot even apologize for trying to mislead us and forcing me to go chase down the lies until I got exhausted from it...

Why then should we listen to anything you say, ever again?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Just for fun:

[Image: creationism-jesus.jpg]

I want that on a t-shirt!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
18-07-2015, 12:56 PM
(18-07-2015 11:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I was pretty astounded by that response, as well. Choosing not to answer. Besides, as Unfogged properly pointed out, even if all our current hypothetical models of early earth and the formation of life on the planet turn out to be wrong, it proves nothing but that science worked to test and falsify competing ideas until the right one is found.

they could try for sake a competing idea like intelligent design. How do you think would that work out ?

Quote:Several of the current potential models look highly promising to me, though I'm not an expert in that particular field, just a (virus-focused) Bachelor-degreed biochemist who worked for several years as a field biologist/ecologist.

aham. good. Then you have the right background to try to refute my claims.
Btw. some scientific research seems to discover that left handed amino acids are selected in the Ribosome. That would eventually lift the enigma how it happens, but it would on the other hand rise the question how the ribosome emerged that capacity to select the right building blocks to make proteins. Trial and error ? what do you suggest ?

Quote:As others pointed out to you, the websites you were quoting deliberately misrepresented the truth when citing science articles. Should you not feel shame at having posted that? Doesn't that bear false witness?

Its a common knowledge that homochirality is a problem for origin of life research . So why should i be ashamed to have pointed that out ?

Quote:More importantly, shouldn't it make you pause and think, "Oh crap, the people upon whom I have been relying for my borrowed 'expertise' have been lying to me to fit their agenda, lying about basic and very provable stuff, so maybe I should question the rest of what they're saying, too" ?

well, if you observed, i try to rely on my premises mainly on mainstream scientific papers, not creationist websites.... its from their evidence that i draw my conclusions.

Quote:If you cannot face that Creationist websites misrepresent the truth

ah, so the websites i cited are creationsist websites ? It seems to me, not ONE i cited was a creationist source. Who is lying now ??!!
18-07-2015, 01:17 PM
(18-07-2015 12:56 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 11:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I was pretty astounded by that response, as well. Choosing not to answer. Besides, as Unfogged properly pointed out, even if all our current hypothetical models of early earth and the formation of life on the planet turn out to be wrong, it proves nothing but that science worked to test and falsify competing ideas until the right one is found.

they could try for sake a competing idea like intelligent design. How do you think would that work out ?

ID is a non-starter because it does not follow the rules of science. Give it up.

Quote:
Quote:Several of the current potential models look highly promising to me, though I'm not an expert in that particular field, just a (virus-focused) Bachelor-degreed biochemist who worked for several years as a field biologist/ecologist.

aham. good. Then you have the right background to try to refute my claims.
Btw. some scientific research seems to discover that left handed amino acids are selected in the Ribosome. That would eventually lift the enigma how it happens, but it would on the other hand rise the question how the ribosome emerged that capacity to select the right building blocks to make proteins. Trial and error ? what do you suggest ?

Frozen accident. There are three possibilities that could have occured: right, left, or mixed chirality. There is no mystery.

Quote:
Quote:If you cannot face that Creationist websites misrepresent the truth

ah, so the websites i cited are creationsist websites ? It seems to me, not ONE i cited was a creationist source. Who is lying now ??!!

Oh, really? http://elshamah.heavenforum.org/t1584-ou...in-science

You are so full of shit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2015, 01:50 PM
I wasn't going to bother, but thanks Chas.

My reasons for this were already clearly spelled out.

Godexists-

I would like to point out that if you're not posting quote-mines from Creationist sources, then you're even more dishonest, because it means YOU are the one who deliberately edited the scientists for your own agenda.

Worse. Not better. If you were just fooled by Creationist websites, I could retain some respect for you and possible feel replies to your horseshit were warranted. But now that you've cleared it up.

Nope. Nope nope nope.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-07-2015, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2015 02:07 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
No, actually, I do need to comment, because I keep seeing this same bullshit from Creationists, and it pisses me off.

You keep saying "a problem for" evolution.

It's not a problem when we have an area to inquire into, which is not-yet fully solved, and for which we have several competing ideas that seem plausible but have not yet been demonstrated as the one that actually happened, in a testable, reproducible way.

It's not a problem at all. It's called SCIENCE. That's quite literally how it works. So when you say "it's a problem for", it not only tells us that you're a dishonest (or, admittedly, perhaps just confused) person, and don't know what you're talking about.

Edit to add: When you say "It's a problem for", it'd be like someone standing at a murder scene, knee-deep in evidence, all pointing to the same conclusion. There's DNA evidence, blood spatter on the suspect belonging to the victim, gunshot residue on the hands, and we've documented years of harassing emails and phonecalls from the suspect to the victim, who had a restraining order against him. And then, because the police find six different shell casings in the alleyway but have not yet found the gun or matched which of the six casings is the one that fired the bullet, you're the asshole who says "Oh, that's a problem."

We know she died of a gunshot wound. We know it was the dude who got spattered with her blood. We know the chain of events that led up to the murder. But because no one else saw it and we haven't yet matched the instrument of the murder to the cause (though we know it must be one of those casings), you think it's an unsolved murder? Only if you're delusional. Or a scummy TV defense lawyer.

[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-07-2015, 03:11 PM
(18-07-2015 01:55 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  No, actually, I do need to comment, because I keep seeing this same bullshit from Creationists, and it pisses me off.

You keep saying "a problem for" evolution.

It's not a problem when we have an area to inquire into, which is not-yet fully solved, and for which we have several competing ideas that seem plausible but have not yet been demonstrated as the one that actually happened, in a testable, reproducible way.

It's not a problem at all. It's called SCIENCE. That's quite literally how it works. So when you say "it's a problem for", it not only tells us that you're a dishonest (or, admittedly, perhaps just confused) person, and don't know what you're talking about.

Edit to add: When you say "It's a problem for", it'd be like someone standing at a murder scene, knee-deep in evidence, all pointing to the same conclusion. There's DNA evidence, blood spatter on the suspect belonging to the victim, gunshot residue on the hands, and we've documented years of harassing emails and phonecalls from the suspect to the victim, who had a restraining order against him. And then, because the police find six different shell casings in the alleyway but have not yet found the gun or matched which of the six casings is the one that fired the bullet, you're the asshole who says "Oh, that's a problem."

We know she died of a gunshot wound. We know it was the dude who got spattered with her blood. We know the chain of events that led up to the murder. But because no one else saw it and we haven't yet matched the instrument of the murder to the cause (though we know it must be one of those casings), you think it's an unsolved murder? Only if you're delusional. Or a scummy TV defense lawyer.

HoboHobo