Chronic pain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Chronic pain
(04-05-2013 07:26 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Have you considered seeing an chiropractor?

A few years ago, I had the same sort of problem. My ribcage was hurting me, especially when I would lay down or exercise. My doctor couldn't help me either, and would just assign me more and more painkillers.
Then I was sent to a chiropractor, and he almost instantly figured out the problem.

It turned out to be my spine cause the problem, something about air-bubbles in-between the, you know, spine pars (yeah, sorry for my complete lack of knowledge about the names of the bones).
Point is, it took some time, but the man popped my spine back into place, and that completely cured the pain.

Another option would be acupuncture. I know most people think it's mumbo jumbo, but if you find someone certified to do it, it can actually help a lot.
I'm not sure it can cure you, if you don't really know what causes the pain. But it sure as hell can help you reduce the pain, and it's a lot more healthy than filling the body with painkillers (like you say, that shit is poisonous).
again, I've tried it myself, with great success. I suffer from chronic pain from my digestive systems, because of an illness I had as a child. On a bad day, I could do nothing without a shitton of painkillers, and even then I could feel the pain.
I tried acupuncture, and it helped a lot. They "doctor" even thought me how to do it myself, now on a bad day, I jam a needle in my foot for a few minutes, and that have the same effects as strong painkillers.
It won't cure me, but it will make the pain bearable.

Anyway, I hope you get better soon. Smile

I'm sorry. I don't really have much confidence in chiropractic or acupuncture. My skepticism may preclude me from benefiting from the placebo effect. I'm also trypanophobic, so I'm very selective about who I allow to stick me. Jamming a needle in myself everyday sounds like a waking nightmare for me. If I had to give myself an insulin shot, I could probably work up the courage, but I don't see myself self-administering acupuncture.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 04:46 PM
(04-05-2013 08:58 AM)cbb2274 Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 07:26 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Have you considered seeing an chiropractor?

A few years ago, I had the same sort of problem. My ribcage was hurting me, especially when I would lay down or exercise. My doctor couldn't help me either, and would just assign me more and more painkillers.
Then I was sent to a chiropractor, and he almost instantly figured out the problem.

It turned out to be my spine cause the problem, something about air-bubbles in-between the, you know, spine pars (yeah, sorry for my complete lack of knowledge about the names of the bones).
Point is, it took some time, but the man popped my spine back into place, and that completely cured the pain.

Another option would be acupuncture. I know most people think it's mumbo jumbo, but if you find someone certified to do it, it can actually help a lot.
I'm not sure it can cure you, if you don't really know what causes the pain. But it sure as hell can help you reduce the pain, and it's a lot more healthy than filling the body with painkillers (like you say, that shit is poisonous).
again, I've tried it myself, with great success. I suffer from chronic pain from my digestive systems, because of an illness I had as a child. On a bad day, I could do nothing without a shitton of painkillers, and even then I could feel the pain.
I tried acupuncture, and it helped a lot. They "doctor" even thought me how to do it myself, now on a bad day, I jam a needle in my foot for a few minutes, and that have the same effects as strong painkillers.
It won't cure me, but it will make the pain bearable.

Anyway, I hope you get better soon. Smile

I'm sorry. I don't really have much confidence in chiropractic or acupuncture. My skepticism may preclude me from benefiting from the placebo effect. I'm also trypanophobic, so I'm very selective about who I allow to stick me. Jamming a needle in myself everyday sounds like a waking nightmare for me. If I had to give myself an insulin shot, I could probably work up the courage, but I don't see myself self-administering acupuncture.

Well it's your choice really, but if you're in a lot of pain, then I don't understand why you're not willing to try every thing possible to get better.

I can understand that you don't want to try acupuncture, especially if you don't like needles. Like I said, it's not for everybody.
But chiropractic have nothing to do with placebo (acupuncture does neither for that matter).
04-05-2013, 06:28 PM
MuffinPuffin Wrote:Well it's your choice really, but if you're in a lot of pain, then I don't understand why you're not willing to try every thing possible to get better.

These treatments cost money that I could spend on evidence-based medicine that is supported by a strong medical consensus.

I'm not criticizing you though. I'm unconvinced that complimentary and alternative medicine is worthwhile. I am convinced that your concern is sincere and thoughtful. I don't think you're a fool for suggesting something that I think is bogus.

My ex-girlfriend believed in ghosts, auras, tarot cards, and alternative medicine. We would have this conversation all the time: I would wince. She would recommend a chiropractor. I would say no. She would ask why. I would tell her that I think they're quacks. She would try to convince me otherwise with anectdotes about friends who benefited from chiropractic. This would go on for nearly an hour and by the end of the conversation, she would imply that I think she's an idiot. I learned not to show my pain around her so she wouldn't resent me. When someone suggests chiropractic, it takes me right back to that conversation. I acknowledge that my feelings on this subject are probably more complicated than they should be.
[+] 1 user Likes cbb2274's post