Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2010, 02:32 PM

Church
Im a atheist, that means i dont believe in god, or rather i dont want that a god excist, the idea of a live which never ends... im afraid of living forever, i think it would be boring....

but, sometimes i still visit the church.

one reason is that there are beateful girls im trying to seduce (actualy they call me a evil amorist) the other is that i just like the friendle ppl there even if i think that there credent and irrational.

beeing a atheist and still meeting the church?

i think when i will have children i will even go with them into church, even if its irrational and credent to belief to a god i like the morals and the ethic the church teach its something i can agree with...

--> i dont know how the church is in the usa (i visit a new apostolic church) i think its way more modern and rational than the catholic churches in the usa or the babtists...

often they even dont talk about god hell or heaven, there talkin about what us stealing time (when someone just work, comes home and than watch 8 hours tv) or that we should never give up even if everything looks shitty -->

i dont think that atheism could create a place like that, or could it?
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2010, 12:16 AM
RE: Church
I too will probably bring my future children to religious houses of worship a few times. I want my kids to be knowledgeable about different cultures and religions so they won't sound like idiots when promoting/defending atheism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2010, 06:44 AM

My father was an atheist but our mom made a practice to visit the church every Sunday from our childhood which we are still following in her absence as well. Our purpose of going to the church is just for the worship of God.
09-06-2010, 04:13 PM

Hello Mr. Illed.

I agree with you, the church does have many positive aspects. It would be nice for atheists to estabish a common meeting place where knowledge is exchanged. But currently there just not enough of us, and we are all very spread out.

For now we'll have to make do with the living rooms of our friends, and family.
(06-06-2010 12:16 AM)Moshe Wrote:  I too will probably bring my future children to religious houses of worship a few times. I want my kids to be knowledgeable about different cultures and religions so they won't sound like idiots when promoting/defending atheism.

So they won't sound like idiots when promoting, or arguing against atheism. You'll give your children free choice won't you?
10-06-2010, 05:49 AM

you know that i will give them a free choice
10-06-2010, 07:48 AM

I think I mentioned in an earlier thread that had I stayed in the town I grew up in (rural western Pennsylvania steel mill town) I would definitely still be Catholic. I'd still have a ton of doubts, but where I'm from Church = community. Additionally the VAST majority of people in my hometown were Catholic Lite as I like to say, which means mass was about the only time God was an active topic.
17-06-2010, 03:52 AM
(09-06-2010 04:13 PM)justacityboy Wrote:  Hello Mr. Illed.

I agree with you, the church does have many positive aspects. It would be nice for atheists to estabish a common meeting place where knowledge is exchanged. But currently there just not enough of us, and we are all very spread out.

For now we'll have to make do with the living rooms of our friends, and family.
(06-06-2010 12:16 AM)Moshe Wrote:  I too will probably bring my future children to religious houses of worship a few times. I want my kids to be knowledgeable about different cultures and religions so they won't sound like idiots when promoting/defending atheism.
So they won't sound like idiots when promoting, or arguing against atheism. You'll give your children free choice won't you?

Of course I will give them free choice to do as they choose. I will do as my parents did and attempt to explain to them why I think their life choice is wrong, and then respect whatever decision they choose.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard (Creater of Scientology)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply