Church Mission Trip Support

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: Church Mission Trip Support
(18-11-2013 12:32 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Hmm...posted in a another forum and didn't realize it is here with replies. Anyway, I have conversations with my son regularly and I get that he does ask questions and has a good grounding in science. His whole group of friends are invloved in the christian church and they are good kids, and so is my son, so I don't have any desire to mess with that part of it. His older brother got in with a "not so good" bunch of high schoolers so I have no leverage in this regard.

He knows where I stand and I think he wishes we we on the same page, but he does not let these differences effect our relationship. His beliefs in Jesus and his teachings are apparently there, but I think his BS meter will climb too high by the time he starts college in a couple of years. It is then when I hope he sees the world much clearer.

I do have reason to think that he is being taught to disregard evolution, which may prompt me to visit the youth leader in private - oh my wife would not like that!

Yeah, except that we have evidence for evolution. Jesus and god? Not so much... Drinking Beverage

So yeah, have that talk if you think it's warranted. Science denialism is not something you'd want your son to be taught, or he might ditch Jesus for homeopathy, astral projection, astrology, and mysticism.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure this trip would be such a good thing for your son. He'll be surrounded by, and further indoctrinated by these idiots! If there's a devil, your bargaining with him, dude!
18-11-2013, 10:48 PM
(18-11-2013 10:35 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  I'm not sure this trip would be such a good thing for your son. He'll be surrounded by, and further indoctrinated by these idiots! If there's a devil, your bargaining with him, dude!

All things considered I'd rather deal with the Satan than Yahweh, as he seems like less of an egotistical power-tripping sycophant. Also his Biblical kill count is under a dozen, in comparison to Yahweh's millions upon millions... Drinking Beverage

19-11-2013, 04:04 PM
All things considered I'd rather deal with the Satan than Yahweh: I absolutely agree!

I absolutely agree. I was referring to Timber1025's desire to send his son on a Christian mission. My impression is that Timber is an atheist, but feels that this will be a good experience for his son: "I know it will be a great experience and my wife and I will not deny him this opportunity."

I may have responded to the wrong person, here. I'm still not clear about the various types of responses available on TTA and which are appropriate, where. I suffer from "Old Ass, Born before the Computer Age Disease". Is there a support group for that?
20-11-2013, 01:56 AM
(19-11-2013 04:04 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  All things considered I'd rather deal with the Satan than Yahweh: I absolutely agree!

I absolutely agree. I was referring to Timber1025's desire to send his son on a Christian mission. My impression is that Timber is an atheist, but feels that this will be a good experience for his son: "I know it will be a great experience and my wife and I will not deny him this opportunity."

I may have responded to the wrong person, here. I'm still not clear about the various types of responses available on TTA and which are appropriate, where. I suffer from "Old Ass, Born before the Computer Age Disease". Is there a support group for that?

If you want to respond to a specific post, go to that post and click on the 'Reply' button on the bottom right corner of that box (between the 'Like' and 'Report' buttons). Their text is automatically quoted and attributed at the start of your new post for you.

The large 'New Reply' button at the bottom of the page simply adds a new post without quoting a particular previous post.

After you're around for a while and take a look at the 'Full Edit' screen with all of it's option, you'll quickly get a hold on all of the little coding bits that allow you to...

EvolutionKills Wrote:Make quotations...

Post text in BOLD, italics, or underlined, or as many different colors.

And our wonderful little selection of emoticons! Cool