Church Or State in Malaysia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 11:30 PM by DLJ.)
Over here, there are Civil Courts but also Sharia Courts.

In a case where the two courts disagree, which one do you think has the greater authority?

And while I'm on the subject of Malaysia, could someone please do me a favour...

This short article contains a link to a hidden message regarding "The Malaysian Insider, right before its shutters were pulled".

When I click on it, I get
Quote:404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
which possibly means it has been censored over here.

Thanks.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-04-2016, 01:43 AM
RE: Church Or State in Malaysia?
(28-04-2016 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Over here, there are Civil Courts but also Sharia Courts.

In a case where the two courts disagree, which one do you think has the greater authority?

And while I'm on the subject of Malaysia, could someone please do me a favour...

This short article contains a link to a hidden message regarding "The Malaysian Insider, right before its shutters were pulled".

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Thanks.

My browser not picking it up. Think the website is down. Unfortunately, probably does mean it was censored.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-04-2016, 01:51 AM
This site can’t be reached

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-04-2016, 04:32 AM
OK. Thanks for trying.

Dodgy Police-state or theocracy... not sure which is worse.

29-04-2016, 04:47 AM
Got a lot of friends in Malaysia but most are Chinese Christian Malaysians, which probably gives me an incomplete view Tongue

The world sure is a weird place.

'Murican Canadian
29-04-2016, 05:21 PM
[Image: Malaysian-Insider-secret-Code.jpg?4cf10e]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Here's the link to the article I got that from by the way.
http://cilisos.my/omg-someone-left-a-sec...html-code/

A little anti-climatic but cool all the same.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-05-2016, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 11:19 PM by emeahmihsah.)
(28-04-2016 11:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Over here, there are Civil Courts but also Sharia Courts.

Thanks.

Hi,

Between Shariah Court and Civil Court, if there is a conflict between them, the Civil Court will prevail considering the Supreme Law of the Land is the Federal Constitution.

Any law that is inconsistent with Federal Constitution will be declared void ab initio and ultra vires.

However, both Courts are of the same level (generally) with their own jurisdictions. Shariah Court will, of course, has its jurisdiction in shariah/Islamic matters while Civil Court will handle all matters except Shariah/Islamic laws, as long as the shariah law is not againts the Federal Constitution.

Article 121A of the Federal Constitution has clearly stated the separation of jurisdiction between these two courts where civil courts cannot interfere with any rulings made by the shariah court (with certain exceptions, of course).

Hope that helps!
04-05-2016, 11:31 PM
(04-05-2016 11:15 PM)emeahmihsah Wrote:  Shariah Court will, of course, has its jurisdiction in shariah/Islamic matters while Civil Court will handle all matters except Shariah/Islamic laws, as long as the shariah law is not againts the Federal Constitution.

Does this cover e.g. punishment for adultery?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.