Church Revenue Down 4.7% and How To Fix It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2012, 02:54 AM
Church Revenue Down 4.7% and How To Fix It
"Has your offering plate been emptier this year? If your church is typical, the offering in 2011 was smaller than in 2010. Adjusted for inflation, giving to religious organizations is estimated to have declined 4.7 percent from 2010."

http://www.ministrymatters.com/all/artic...nd-in-hand
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Church Revenue Down 4.7% and How To Fix It
Only 95.3 percent to go and we will have reached our goal. If ain't broke don't fix it.
This is a good thing. Atheism is on the rise. People are beginning to use reason in their day to day lives and putting their money where it will do more good, instead of lining the pockets of ministers who live in million dollar homes with mega church mortgages.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
14-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Too much in that article to be nauseated about but it's the language that gets me.

Did someone write a "How to fleece the flock" memo then give it to the Newspeak department?

"4.silence of religious leaders and congregations in talking and teaching about the faithful use of possessions apart from the annual obligatory stewardship or giving sermon
5.failure to adapt best fund raising practices to congregational life, leaving congregations dependent on an outmoded, one-dimensional approach to giving"

Oh no, I am so distressed that my giving approach is so one-dimensional
and
faithful use of possessions?

Seriously?

14-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Dear Theists,

In the dynamic of your church, you are considered the sheep. You are the ones being fleeced. Let that simple fact alone sink deep inside your brain.

You are the sheep getting fleeced.

Given my propensity to ramble on forever, I'll stop with this simple idea.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
14-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I posted this on my fb. I encourage others to tweet it if it's not too many characters or facebook it.

"A shepherd fleeces the sheep in his flock to make a comfortable bed for him to lie on, warm clothes for him to wear, while his sheep sleep out in the cold."

14-08-2012, 02:17 PM
(14-08-2012 12:47 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Dear Theists,

In the dynamic of your church, you are considered the sheep. You are the ones being fleeced. Let that simple fact alone sink deep inside your brain.

You are the sheep getting fleeced.

Given my propensity to ramble on forever, I'll stop with this simple idea.

Damn near terse and deadly. Damn near.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post