Church and Gays

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: Church and Gays
(10-02-2012 11:17 AM)cufflink Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 10:26 AM)ddrew Wrote:  I think Jesus was Gay.. but that's my opinion of him.

This guy has an interesting perspective on that question:

That was hilarious. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
(10-02-2012 11:41 AM)germanyt Wrote:  But putting up a sign on your private property is okay. Who cares if they think gay is not okay?

I disagree, I don't think it's OK to put up a hateful sign that can be seen by anyone who passes, even if it is on your own property.

I can tell you now that if I put up a sign with racist content in my front garden for the whole world to see then I would be arrested before I made it back inside my house and the sign would be removed, and rightly so. This is no different.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-02-2012, 01:38 PM
(10-02-2012 12:53 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 11:41 AM)germanyt Wrote:  But putting up a sign on your private property is okay. Who cares if they think gay is not okay?

I disagree, I don't think it's OK to put up a hateful sign that can be seen by anyone who passes, even if it is on your own property.

I can tell you now that if I put up a sign with racist content in my front garden for the whole world to see then I would be arrested before I made it back inside my house and the sign would be removed, and rightly so. This is no different.

To an extent maybe. But 'gay is not okay' isn't the same thing as putting up a sign that says 'die niggers'. But you still wouldn't be arrested for the latter. And there is no law that I know of that could force you to remove the sign anyway. Only way I could see it playing out is if a judge ordered you to remove the sign. No police officer would show up to force you to.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Sup, Jhawk?

The reason that people are surprised is because the "the Bible is anti-gay" viewpoint is only held by the right wing elements of Christianity. Moderate Christians don't bother with it (unless they're homophobes for some other reason). So, y'know, one always hopes that one is dealing with moderates. Then one finds themselves facing someone like this asshole. The protest isn't an "oh my stars and garters, my virgin ears" sort of thing. It's telling this guy, "Hey, buddy. Not fucking cool." Cuz it ain't.

As far as why there are gay Christians, again, Christianity is not anti-gay, certain interpretations of it are. That and because Jesus Was Way Cool. The inclusion of homosexuals within Christianity is keeping pace with the inclusion of homosexuals in legislation; at a snails pace, but moving forward.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 3 users Like Ghost's post
10-02-2012, 08:31 PM
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13)

From the christian website:
http://www.christianadc.org/news-and-art...tian-faith

"According to Scripture you can be a former homosexual, but you cannot be a Christian homosexual "

Then again you also get this stuff:
"Over 700 scientists worldwide have signed a statement of scientific dissent from darwinism"

...because we know Dodgy darwinism is just another belief systemAngry

I don't see any reason to give the religious any breathing room for bashing homosexuals. I don't really care if they purchased the sign with their money or it was on private propertym bla, bla, bla. On these topics it's not free speech protection because this is intentional harm toward a group of people they target.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
10-02-2012, 09:00 PM
(10-02-2012 01:38 PM)germanyt Wrote:  To an extent maybe. But 'gay is not okay' isn't the same thing as putting up a sign that says 'die niggers'. But you still wouldn't be arrested for the latter. And there is no law that I know of that could force you to remove the sign anyway. Only way I could see it playing out is if a judge ordered you to remove the sign. No police officer would show up to force you to.

Over here you be arrested for promoting racial intolerance or some charge along those lines and the sign would be immediately removed, I think the law should apply to all intolerance, not just racial.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:I can understand why a lot of Anglicans don't want Gay clergy. I don't want Gay clergy...because I don't want ANY clergy!"
Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Was Jesus Gay? Does the Pope wear a hat?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
11-02-2012, 04:58 AM
The way I've always seen it is that the bible is very specific in that it states that if a man sleeps with another man as a women. So theoretically it is perfectly possible to be both gay and religious it just means that they are called to celibacy. And there not entirely discriminatory as the same rule applies for those who intend on being straight and unmarried.

Interestingly enough, nothing in the bible is against lesbians

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
11-02-2012, 05:06 AM
(10-02-2012 12:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 10:26 AM)ddrew Wrote:  I think Jesus was Gay.. but that's my opinion of him.

This guy has an interesting perspective on that question:

That was hilarious. Big Grin

AGREED! Big Grin

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire