Church at Xmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Church at Xmas
My wife asks me to go to church with her and my daughter at Christmas time. I hate going to church but since she doesn't bug me to go any other time, I submit to make her happy. I wonder if that makes me a major wuss. What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 09:28 AM
RE: Church at Xmas
(10-12-2012 08:30 AM)johnnycee Wrote:  My wife asks me to go to church with her and my daughter at Christmas time. I hate going to church but since she doesn't bug me to go any other time, I submit to make her happy. I wonder if that makes me a major wuss. What do you guys think?
First, welcome.

And no... think of it like going to see Twilight with her. You do things like that to keep her happy.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Welcome to the forum.

It all really depends on what you take from it. I hate church. It sucks on so many levels if you don't buy into the story, because you can't talk to people about it there and have a real discussion. But around Christmas church is a little bit different. It still sucks balls but it's almost palatable with all of the candles and singing. I still hate it and I wouldn't go personally, but my wife isn't a christian so there's that.

Her parents want her to go every year though, thankfully they know not to ask me. But then I've found that the strong prey on the weak. My wife has issues standing up for herself thanks to years of indoctrination and being told that she's only a girl. We've been working on that. Fuckin church.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
(10-12-2012 08:30 AM)johnnycee Wrote:  My wife asks me to go to church with her and my daughter at Christmas time. I hate going to church but since she doesn't bug me to go any other time, I submit to make her happy. I wonder if that makes me a major wuss. What do you guys think?

Nah, I used to go at Christmas and Easter back in the day a couple decades ago when the wife was still a practicing Catholic. Even participated in our kids' Baptisms although some itch in the back of my head said "This shit ain't right. They know I'm an atheist and are encouraging my participation in their ritual? Shouldn't my mere presence defile it or something?" I kinda enjoyed all the ritual and pomp and circumstance and music and such. 'Course I was tripping my balls off every time I went. Evil_monster

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.