Church cancelled due to lack of god. lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 03:39 PM by Shadow Fox.)
Church cancelled due to lack of god. lol
http://www.theonion.com/article/church-c...-god-20563
Quote:The South—Parishioners of Pastor Theo Leobald’s First Congregational Church of Holy Christ In Heaven will not meet next Sunday morning for a coffee social and morning Bible study as they do every week, gathering in fellowship and offering thanks and praise to God on high. The reason for the cancellation? Simply the fact that, according to Leobald, God does not now, has never, and will never exist.

I am just going to leaven this here and let us all talk about it after you go and read it. Read the caption under the picture, this article is hilarious.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Shadow Fox's post
10-06-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Church cancelled due to lack of god. lol
This was hilarious!! Just spot on in every way. Loved this part:

Quote:“After all, every grown-up man and woman knows Santa Claus isn’t real, yet we worship him every year on Christmas, the Holy Day of Santa’s birth, as prophesied by Nostradamus.”
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
10-06-2015, 05:23 PM
(10-06-2015 03:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.theonion.com/article/church-c...-god-20563
Quote:The South—Parishioners of Pastor Theo Leobald’s First Congregational Church of Holy Christ In Heaven will not meet next Sunday morning for a coffee social and morning Bible study as they do every week, gathering in fellowship and offering thanks and praise to God on high. The reason for the cancellation? Simply the fact that, according to Leobald, God does not now, has never, and will never exist.

I am just going to leaven this here and let us all talk about it after you go and read it. Read the caption under the picture, this article is hilarious.

Intentional or unintentional? Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-06-2015, 05:24 PM
"They made it all up, and they were ignorant, unwashed, half-naked pre-historic barbarians,"

"...So who are you going to believe: Carl Sagan and the pantheon of the world's greatest scientific and intellectual minds, or some guy who measured wealth by how many goats he had?"

Preach it brother Leo! Lecture_preist
Laugh out load Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-06-2015, 06:55 PM
(10-06-2015 05:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 03:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://www.theonion.com/article/church-c...-god-20563

Intentional or unintentional? Consider

Un....I meant leaving but I was trying to spell it in a spoken sense. I don't know what it means but I know it has something to do with jews or something like that.

10-06-2015, 07:25 PM
(10-06-2015 06:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 05:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Intentional or unintentional? Consider

Un....I meant leaving but I was trying to spell it in a spoken sense. I don't know what it means but I know it has something to do with jews or something like that.

Leaven means to allow to rise, with either organic or chemical means usually yeast or baking soda/powder.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-06-2015, 05:46 AM
Quote:Sagan, according to Leobald, is an “astronomer” in a big city far, far away who writes what are known as “books.”

I dunno. Sounds kinda sketchy to me. Maybe they should teach the controversy.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-06-2015, 09:52 PM
I am also wondering if Jesus Christ claims Himself as a God....
13-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Quote: “Who cares if God isn’t real? I say worship him anyway,” School Board Member Fred Nichtenhausen said.

School board member. Lol. So sad that this joke is even able to be made.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
14-06-2015, 01:49 PM
wow! lol I don't think I have ever gotten THIS many likes for a post before!

I feel so special now. Blush

Anyway, we totally need to make an atheist "church" and name it the church if imaginary make believe land!