Church conspiracy theories.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Church conspiracy theories.
So I sense that the pastor at the church I go to every sunday to keep the peace at home, is a fear monger. He just said that things are going to get worse economically because the dollar (US) is going to collapse. Also the Euro will follow very close on it's heals. There was a pearcing silence in the entire building. Wow I couldn't believe it. He said he doesn't know when this will happen but it will be soon.

Then he spoke about these lunar eclipses that are a sign that Jesus is coming back. I'm thinking how many lunar eclipses have occured since Christ "died"?

Some of these people can't think for themselves! Preachers should be held accountable for what they say.

For those in the States: Are you guys on the brink of martial law? That's what the pastor said. Have you heard from credible sources that any of this is imminent?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 02:53 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Church conspiracy theories.
He was probably watching this:

One of the key indicators of decline:
Celebrity chefs.

Big Grin

I don't think Jesus would come back as a celebrity chef... although his hole-y hands would be good for separating egg-white.

Meanwhile... sympathy to you for having to sit through the sermons.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Really, all it is is a result of a literal interpretation of end-times stuff. When a person REALLY believes this, then almost EVERYTHING now becomes "a sign of the times." If the Dollar collapses, it's a sign of impending financial doom that will issue in the Antichrist. If the Dollar thrives and takes off, it's a sign of new world order, global currency, etc., that will issue in the Antichrist. Barf infinitum. My mom thinks like this. She drives me nuts.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
04-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Lunar eclipses have been happening for a very long time, how does this guy claim to know which one is 'the' one? Did he say what solar eclipses supposedly foreshadow?

He is a fear monger...and an asshole.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Woofs hasn't changed my signature because of his banning.
04-05-2014, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 11:51 AM by BlackMason.)
Ah thanks for the sympathy, DLJ. I like white omlettes so I guess I'd compromise and make him my personal chef. Not going back to that personal lord and saviour stuff.

(04-05-2014 11:30 AM)Charis Wrote:  Really, all it is is a result of a literal interpretation of end-times stuff. When a person REALLY believes this, then almost EVERYTHING now becomes "a sign of the times." If the Dollar collapses, it's a sign of impending financial doom that will issue in the Antichrist. If the Dollar thrives and takes off, it's a sign of new world order, global currency, etc., that will issue in the Antichrist. Barf infinitum. My mom thinks like this. She drives me nuts.

We are one in pain. One of the most frustrating things is the reluctance to learn. But I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Trying to teach my mom to be a little more sceptical is like trying to run through a brick wall.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."