Church 'does not own marriage'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Church 'does not own marriage'
Here's a BBC report on the topic of gay marriage. It's the same as most of the reports that you get when such things are in the political limelight.

The reason I thought it worthy of it's own thread is to share this brilliant quote at the bottom of it. This is from Ben Summerskill, a member of gay rights charity Stonewall;

'Our strong advice to anyone who disagrees with same-sex marriage is not to get married to someone of the same sex'.

I don't know about anyone else but I really love that quote Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
24-02-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Church 'does not own marriage'
I dont think you do love that quote because if you did it would be in your signature. But it is mysteriously absent. Fancy that.

It is a good quote though.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2012, 09:31 PM
(24-02-2012 09:26 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I dont think you do love that quote because if you did it would be in your signature. But it is mysteriously absent. Fancy that.

I'm having a problem with my signature. I don't want to fill it with quotes because then they tend to just got 'lost' in a giant list no-one reads, but I also don't want to remove any of the ones I already have because they sum me up so well Sad.

I don't know what to do! Help me oh wise one, HELP ME!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
24-02-2012, 09:35 PM
(24-02-2012 09:26 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I dont think you do love that quote because if you did it would be in your signature. But it is mysteriously absent. Fancy that.

I don't think he loves that quote because if he did he'd marry it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
24-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:"So let's suppose that in 10 years' time it is proposed that, as people are living in multiples of four, we may call that marriage also."

Sounds good to me! Cool