Church hunters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 09:09 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
Church hunters
This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time.
At 2:27, you can see the 2 dudes make eyes at each other. If you watch it with out the sound, they totally look like they added the woman for appearances.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-03-2017, 09:20 PM
RE: Church hunters
(20-03-2017 09:04 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time.
At 2:27, you can see the 2 dudes make eyes at each other. If you watch it with out the sound, they totally look like they added the woman for appearances.

Are we supposed to be believe that these aren't paid actors? Because that's how this is presented.

I'm beyond sick if this pseudo reality show bullshit they have now. Reality TV never was real, but now it's at an entirely different and odd angle. They still try to make it appear as if it is unscripted even though it is obviously scripted. Like all those terrible house makeover shows and whatnot.

This one though... that's about as low entertainment as you can get.
20-03-2017, 10:21 PM
(20-03-2017 09:20 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 09:04 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time.

Are we supposed to be believe that these aren't paid actors? Because that's how this is presented.

I'm beyond sick if this pseudo reality show bullshit they have now. Reality TV never was real, but now it's at an entirely different and odd angle. They still try to make it appear as if it is unscripted even though it is obviously scripted. Like all those terrible house makeover shows and whatnot.

This one though... that's about as low entertainment as you can get.

It probably is actors. It is done by a "christian comedian" named John Crist. John is the dude with the 5:00 shadow who looks like he wants to get that other dude alone.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
21-03-2017, 01:12 AM
(20-03-2017 09:04 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time...

Uh... I'm assuming you guys do know it's a spoof of all the house-hunter shows? Wink

And very funny as a result.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
21-03-2017, 03:42 AM
(21-03-2017 01:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 09:04 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen in a long time...

Uh... I'm assuming you guys do know it's a spoof of all the house-hunter shows? Wink

Oh, uh... now I feel stupid.

In my defense House Hunters looks just as unconvincing and poorly acted.
21-03-2017, 04:38 AM
(20-03-2017 09:20 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Are we supposed to be believe that these aren't paid actors? Because that's how this is presented.

If you want to honor any reality show participant, paid or not, with the title of actor.
21-03-2017, 07:39 AM
As a House Hunters International watcher (my junk-food-for-the-mind fix, ok, don't judge), I find this spoof HILARIOUS!
Thanks for sharing!

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
21-03-2017, 09:55 AM
"I mean, the pastor's main point was 157 characters-- I can't tweet that!" Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
21-03-2017, 09:59 AM
(21-03-2017 01:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

I knew that as well. My wife loves that show. The sad part is reading some of the comments in youtube. This guy does spoofs but good wholesome christian ones. Maybe I am just too much of a 37 YO curmudgeon.

- Paul Dirac
21-03-2017, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 11:09 AM by Shai Hulud.)
I laughed my way through it, partially because it was so much like House Hunters as a parody, and partially because like all good satire, it hits American pop Evangelical Christianity right on the head. I've heard people say all of those things before...and could easily see someone coming out with the Tumblr Bible.

Edit: oh thank you Organic Chemist! This channel is awesome, like this one that I think our founder could relate to:

To quote the top rated comment on YouTube:
"I laughed. I cried. I bought some Hillsong albums."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Shai Hulud's post