Church hunters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: Church hunters
This thread title had so much potential. I was hoping to see one stuffed and mounted.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Church hunters
I actually did some church hunting for myself. I thought maybe I just wasn't at the right one so that's why I didn't get it.

It took going to the nuttiest one I could find to seal the deal with me being an Atheist. If you are curious it was Pentecostal. They talked in tongues. The preacher would say "baba ka shatia" all the time. The guy that usually sat beside me always said "shundala mundala".

This is a true story. My wife tells me to shut up when I go around talking like that now. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
21-03-2017, 04:30 PM
(21-03-2017 03:17 PM)KUSA Wrote:  They talked in tongues. The preacher would say "baba ka shatia" all the time. The guy that usually sat beside me always said "shundala mundala".

Which reminds me of the Howard Stern pranksters. The ones making prank calls all the time. They once had an in tongues conversation with one of these.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
22-03-2017, 10:57 AM
(21-03-2017 02:44 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  This thread title had so much potential. I was hoping to see one stuffed and mounted.

I mounted our cat when it died.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-03-2017, 11:04 AM
SYZ Wrote:  I mounted our cat when it died.

Blink

I totally misunderstood that the first time I read it.
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
23-03-2017, 08:00 AM
Church hunters
I thought it was satire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
23-03-2017, 08:22 AM
(21-03-2017 03:17 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I actually did some church hunting for myself. I thought maybe I just wasn't at the right one so that's why I didn't get it.

It took going to the nuttiest one I could find to seal the deal with me being an Atheist. If you are curious it was Pentecostal. They talked in tongues. The preacher would say "baba ka shatia" all the time. The guy that usually sat beside me always said "shundala mundala".

This is a true story. My wife tells me to shut up when I go around talking like that now. Smile
No snakes?