Church invite for Easter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 06:18 AM
RE: Church invite for Easter
(16-04-2017 12:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Will there be glazed ham? And asparagus?

LOL! I'm funny about eating other people's food!! I don't know those churchgoers!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2017, 06:49 PM
(16-04-2017 08:48 AM)CrystalD Wrote:  Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I have an issue. My friend of 20+ years started distancing herself from myself and another friend a few years ago once she started attending church regularly. It hurt, but there was nothing I could do. We have recently started communicating here and there via social media and today she invited me to Easter service via text. She said she had been out sick from work but was definitely going to church. How do I tell her church rubs me the wrong way? How do I tell her all of the religious holidays she acknowledges are rooted in paganism and what she believes in is all lies? I value our friendship but I don't want to be part of any church related activities. What would you do in this situation?

Simply decline her invitations in a nice way.
18-04-2017, 03:11 AM
Its a personal preference.

If religion doesn't phase you, and you'd like to be there for your friend, go. If you'd feel a bit off/uneasy the whole time you're there, then best leave it be.

I've attended a local church a few times, due to invites from my parents, mainly just to spend time with them.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
18-04-2017, 09:14 PM
(17-04-2017 06:11 AM)CrystalD Wrote:  Thank you so much! I'll just have to tell her I'm not religious like she is. She's VERY sensitive and I've avoided having the conversation with her because I don't want her to feel like the 'persecuted Christian', offend her, or hurt her feelings

Ah, like....

[Image: christianpersecution.jpg]

One of those. How much would she worry about hurting your feelings?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post