Church is going to the dogs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Church is going to the dogs?
Converting people isn't enough for some christians, or is this just a tourist trap?

http://gonewengland.about.com/od/vtsight...apel_2.htm

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2011, 06:17 PM

RE: Church is going to the dogs?
Well, since most theists have the equivalent reasoning power of dogs, it is a natural progression for the church to target the hundreds of millions of potential mindless followers.

Next up- actual sheep.
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2011, 07:27 PM
I've always been under the impression that many Christians believe that animals don't have souls. Some of them would probably get all up in arms about this. Wink Not all of them, I've met some that believe otherwise.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
10-01-2011, 08:08 AM
(08-01-2011 07:27 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  I've always been under the impression that many Christians believe that animals don't have souls. Some of them would probably get all up in arms about this. Wink Not all of them, I've met some that believe otherwise.

When I told a Christan that I wasn't baptized once, she said that I was like an animal in the eyes of the lord. I ask, quite excited too, if that meant I didn't have a soul, since animals don't. Apparently animals don't have souls, but they do have spirits. I have no idea what the difference is, but...yeah...

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
10-01-2011, 09:42 AM

i lived in vermont for over 15 years.. till the winters just got too damn cold and long for me. there are alot of nutjobs in them there woods and this looks like one.... stowe is a big time tourist trap town with no way to make a living except to prey off the skiers and leafpeepers that flock to the hamlet. most vermonters wish the tourists would just stay home and mail their checks instead of actually visiting. i'll bet you'll find "father fido" also runs a dog sitting/ grooming business in his rectory so skiers can bring their pooch on their overpriced cold vacation to the green mountain state.
Quote this message in a reply