Church leaders and Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2016, 11:28 PM
Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews. I mean, you'd think these Christians would be front and center denouncing this insane man.

Aw, what am I thinking! Facepalm This is religion were talking about. Of course they're not going to condemn Donald Trump. Of course they're going to look the other way, besides he'd fit perfectly in the Old Testament. Silly, silly me, expecting morality from religion. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-03-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: Church leaders and Donald Trump
The Pope has actually condemned Trump as un-Christian for his xenophobic campaign platform.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
15-03-2016, 01:25 AM
(15-03-2016 12:44 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The Pope has actually condemned Trump as un-Christian for his xenophobic campaign platform.

well he's already unamerican

what about the real american leaders who stand up for american things, not those unamerican things. Blink

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-03-2016, 02:39 AM
(15-03-2016 01:25 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 12:44 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The Pope has actually condemned Trump as un-Christian for his xenophobic campaign platform.

what about the real american leaders who stand up for american things, not those unamerican things. Blink

Bernie-senpai will stand up for those "unamerican" things
[+] 2 users Like Ace's post
15-03-2016, 10:05 AM
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews. I mean, you'd think these Christians would be front and center denouncing this insane man.

Aw, what am I thinking! Facepalm This is religion were talking about. Of course they're not going to condemn Donald Trump. Of course they're going to look the other way, besides he'd fit perfectly in the Old Testament. Silly, silly me, expecting morality from religion. Dodgy

Why are you asking religious persons to denounce Trump? Do you feel more comfortable when religious people take point in the political process? I haven't seen any Christians complaining about atheists not denouncing Trump.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2016, 12:04 PM
(15-03-2016 01:25 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  

They are waiting to see which way the wind is blowing first.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
15-03-2016, 03:23 PM
(15-03-2016 10:05 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Why are you asking religious persons to denounce Trump? Do you feel more comfortable when religious people take point in the political process? I haven't seen any Christians complaining about atheists not denouncing Trump.

Morality: Use it or Lose it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
16-03-2016, 09:20 AM
(15-03-2016 03:23 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 10:05 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Why are you asking religious persons to denounce Trump? Do you feel more comfortable when religious people take point in the political process? I haven't seen any Christians complaining about atheists not denouncing Trump.

Morality: Use it or Lose it.

Good point. Now, if only I believed TTA'ers who say they have morals yet no absolutes! Because what is implied is their morals may change on a whim. And that's as disturbing as anything, if not more so, than Donald J. says!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Q Continuum's post
16-03-2016, 11:09 AM
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews. I mean, you'd think these Christians would be front and center denouncing this insane man.

Two things:
  • Christianity is a very fractured group, and you can't really glean any one Christian's views on morality from simply looking at the label "Christian". I imagine the vast majority of Trump's followers are Christian.
  • A lot of Christians are speaking out against Trump, but the leaders of any given church have to be careful what they say. If a church gets too involved in politics, it risks losing its tax-exempt status.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
16-03-2016, 12:18 PM
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews.

What hate and violence?
[+] 3 users Like KUSA's post