Church leaders and Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: Church leaders and Donald Trump
Are you waiting for Kristallnacht, K?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
16-03-2016, 12:32 PM
(16-03-2016 12:18 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews.

What hate and violence?

Can't quite read the seriousness of such post here.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Interesting. Trump isn't my candidate of choice. I like Cruz AND Sanders better. Now you can say that most supporters of Trump AND Sanders and Clinton and Cruz are Christian, by population. Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support--but will anyone here admit to being an atheist voting for Trump? Or do you all fear peer pressure here that much?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2016, 10:10 AM
(18-03-2016 09:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Interesting. Trump isn't my candidate of choice. I like Cruz AND Sanders better. Now you can say that most supporters of Trump AND Sanders and Clinton and Cruz are Christian, by population. Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support--but will anyone here admit to being an atheist voting for Trump? Or do you all fear peer pressure here that much?

You must have missed Vosur's experiment.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-03-2016, 10:24 AM
(15-03-2016 12:44 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  The Pope has actually condemned Trump as un-Christian for his xenophobic campaign platform.

This is the same guy who said "Picking on religion is like picking on someone's mother, you should expect to get punched" Implying the Hebdo attackers were justified. Then half assed dialed it back after he was called out on it.

This coming form an asshole who told gays in the west one thing while telling Christians in Asia they needed to "defend traditional marriage". On top of meeting with homophobe Kim Davis.

He has no right to lecture anyone, and he doesn't even live in the United States in any case.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
18-03-2016, 10:27 AM
(18-03-2016 09:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Interesting. Trump isn't my candidate of choice. I like Cruz AND Sanders better. Now you can say that most supporters of Trump AND Sanders and Clinton and Cruz are Christian, by population. Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support--but will anyone here admit to being an atheist voting for Trump? Or do you all fear peer pressure here that much?

Sanders I can understand, but Ted? A guy who had a homophobic asshole say Gays deserve death, introduce him at a stump stop? And even without his bigotry, you think Ted is going to change the corporate welfare the GOP has sold for the past 40 years?

Please do not equate the insane to the sane.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
18-03-2016, 10:30 AM
(18-03-2016 09:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support--but will anyone here admit to being an atheist voting for Trump? Or do you all fear peer pressure here that much?

I'll be voting for him in the MD Republican primary. And why would I feel peer pressure on some forum at the end of the interwebz. Should I be afraid that you won't be my friend no more and I'll be ostracized?

#sigh
22-03-2016, 09:44 AM
(18-03-2016 10:27 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  

Sanders I can understand, but Ted? A guy who had a homophobic asshole say Gays deserve death, introduce him at a stump stop? And even without his bigotry, you think Ted is going to change the corporate welfare the GOP has sold for the past 40 years?

Please do not equate the insane to the sane.

I can understand your understanding of Sanders. Like many atheists, he is neither deeply religious nor a supporter of the right to life.

You are confused about "corporate welfare", I think. At this point, certainly, we are taxing corporations enough to see them leaving for overseas, right?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
22-03-2016, 09:53 AM
(16-03-2016 12:18 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews.

What hate and violence?

"In the old days we would have smashed him in the face." That sort of hate and violence.
22-03-2016, 10:26 AM
(22-03-2016 09:44 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  At this point, certainly, we are taxing corporations enough to see them leaving for overseas, right?

They go there because labor is dirt cheap.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post