Church leaders and Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2016, 02:50 PM
RE: Church leaders and Donald Trump
Why would you expect morality from religion? Religion is run by flawed people.
There are false religious leaders all over the world.

Matthew 24:11
and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

You are correct in expecting a Christian (not religion) to stand against someone like Trump. Some have. As a Christian, I do.

Too many Christians today do not follow the teachings of Christ and follow a world view instead.

Mathew 7:13
Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2016, 08:56 AM
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews. I mean, you'd think these Christians would be front and center denouncing this insane man.

Aw, what am I thinking! Facepalm This is religion were talking about. Of course they're not going to condemn Donald Trump. Of course they're going to look the other way, besides he'd fit perfectly in the Old Testament. Silly, silly me, expecting morality from religion. Dodgy

My personal opinion is that we need Trump's kind of crazy. Look at what is happening in Europe. While I might disagree with how fearful the people in the USA are about sex, they are making exception in certain countries so that guys can be married to the 14 year old girls they came into the country with. Yet if you were born in that country, it would make you a pedophile and you would be in prison. The muslims attack and out of fear we change our laws and allow more in to the country. I think with Trump, we might come close to matching their brand of crazy and for at least 4 years they will back off. While I may not agree completely with the whole must be 18 thing we have going, the law is the law. I mean, Billy Joel married a 16 year old back in the day and nobody is calling him a pedophile. At some point if we don't wake up and take the country back, we might start making exceptions for child marriage here. From there it is not hard to imagine a day when muslims outnumber everyone else and maybe one might be looking to marry your 14 year old daughter/granddaughter or maybe younger. In some muslim controlled areas, 9 years old is not unheard of. When diplomacy fails, there is but one option. Violence must be applied without apology. It should be the American way.
24-03-2016, 07:27 AM
A fascinating look at Trump. Seriously:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...trump.html

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Our religious right set up this monster, they know it, that is why they are so silent, and the one asshole who is saying something doesn't even live in this country. Even he implied the cartoonists deserved it. This is what 50 years of "Christian Nation" bullshit has gotten us. Our right wing rightfully points at the theocracies of the Middle East, but masturbate over the prospect of building a Christian theocracy here.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-03-2016, 07:36 AM
(23-03-2016 08:56 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews. I mean, you'd think these Christians would be front and center denouncing this insane man.

Aw, what am I thinking! Facepalm This is religion were talking about. Of course they're not going to condemn Donald Trump. Of course they're going to look the other way, besides he'd fit perfectly in the Old Testament. Silly, silly me, expecting morality from religion. Dodgy

My personal opinion is that we need Trump's kind of crazy. Look at what is happening in Europe. While I might disagree with how fearful the people in the USA are about sex, they are making exception in certain countries so that guys can be married to the 14 year old girls they came into the country with. Yet if you were born in that country, it would make you a pedophile and you would be in prison. The muslims attack and out of fear we change our laws and allow more in to the country. I think with Trump, we might come close to matching their brand of crazy and for at least 4 years they will back off. While I may not agree completely with the whole must be 18 thing we have going, the law is the law. I mean, Billy Joel married a 16 year old back in the day and nobody is calling him a pedophile. At some point if we don't wake up and take the country back, we might start making exceptions for child marriage here. From there it is not hard to imagine a day when muslims outnumber everyone else and maybe one might be looking to marry your 14 year old daughter/granddaughter or maybe younger. In some muslim controlled areas, 9 years old is not unheard of. When diplomacy fails, there is but one option. Violence must be applied without apology. It should be the American way.

No we do not. Trump is gas on the fire, he is an asshole and a danger to the idea of peaceful transfer of power in the secular west. He may be great for Jerry Springer cable TV, but he has NO BUSINESS even being a dog catcher.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
24-03-2016, 10:22 AM
If you see Trump as the Grand Marshall for a Christian theocracy... you must have missed much of what he says!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-03-2016, 12:22 PM
(24-03-2016 07:36 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:56 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  My personal opinion is that we need Trump's kind of crazy. Look at what is happening in Europe. While I might disagree with how fearful the people in the USA are about sex, they are making exception in certain countries so that guys can be married to the 14 year old girls they came into the country with. Yet if you were born in that country, it would make you a pedophile and you would be in prison. The muslims attack and out of fear we change our laws and allow more in to the country. I think with Trump, we might come close to matching their brand of crazy and for at least 4 years they will back off. While I may not agree completely with the whole must be 18 thing we have going, the law is the law. I mean, Billy Joel married a 16 year old back in the day and nobody is calling him a pedophile. At some point if we don't wake up and take the country back, we might start making exceptions for child marriage here. From there it is not hard to imagine a day when muslims outnumber everyone else and maybe one might be looking to marry your 14 year old daughter/granddaughter or maybe younger. In some muslim controlled areas, 9 years old is not unheard of. When diplomacy fails, there is but one option. Violence must be applied without apology. It should be the American way.

No we do not. Trump is gas on the fire, he is an asshole and a danger to the idea of peaceful transfer of power in the secular west. He may be great for Jerry Springer cable TV, but he has NO BUSINESS even being a dog catcher.

I disagree. When Muslims say let's cut off someone's head, we should say "Here have some napalm.". They say let's blow up some buildings, we need to say "Here comes a nuke.". Hit them with a stiffer penalty than they hit us with until they either learn or go the way of the dinosaur. Either way I really don't care. Unless you want to wait for them to hurl a nuke at us? We all know that day is coming.
24-03-2016, 12:29 PM
(24-03-2016 12:22 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I disagree. When Muslims say let's cut off someone's head, we should say "Here have some napalm.". They say let's blow up some buildings, we need to say "Here comes a nuke.". Hit them with a stiffer penalty than they hit us with until they either learn or go the way of the dinosaur. Either way I really don't care. Unless you want to wait for them to hurl a nuke at us? We all know that day is coming.

If we had a way to precision-strike terrorists while avoiding innocents, I'd be inclined to agree.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
24-03-2016, 12:35 PM
(24-03-2016 12:29 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:22 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I disagree. When Muslims say let's cut off someone's head, we should say "Here have some napalm.". They say let's blow up some buildings, we need to say "Here comes a nuke.". Hit them with a stiffer penalty than they hit us with until they either learn or go the way of the dinosaur. Either way I really don't care. Unless you want to wait for them to hurl a nuke at us? We all know that day is coming.

If we had a way to precision-strike terrorists while avoiding innocents, I'd be inclined to agree.

Clearly you're naive!

The only way to deal with "those people" (and remember, they're all one big indistinguishable faceless horde anyway!) is with retaliation so disproportionate it's a war crime.

That'll keep us safe.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
24-03-2016, 12:39 PM
(24-03-2016 12:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:29 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If we had a way to precision-strike terrorists while avoiding innocents, I'd be inclined to agree.

Clearly you're naive!

The only way to deal with "those people" (and remember, they're all one big indistinguishable faceless horde anyway!) is with retaliation so disproportionate it's a war crime.

That'll keep us safe.

I don't think anyone here has actually advocated that. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]