Church leaders and Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 12:41 PM
RE: Church leaders and Donald Trump
(24-03-2016 12:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Clearly you're naive!

The only way to deal with "those people" (and remember, they're all one big indistinguishable faceless horde anyway!) is with retaliation so disproportionate it's a war crime.

That'll keep us safe.

I don't think anyone here has actually advocated that. Consider

I'm precisely as serious as birdguy was.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 12:50 PM
(16-03-2016 09:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 03:23 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Morality: Use it or Lose it.

Good point. Now, if only I believed TTA'ers who say they have morals yet no absolutes! Because what is implied is their morals may change on a whim. And that's as disturbing as anything, if not more so, than Donald J. says!

Excluded-middle fallacy spotted -- changes aren't necessarily whimsical.
24-03-2016, 12:57 PM
(24-03-2016 12:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(16-03-2016 09:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Good point. Now, if only I believed TTA'ers who say they have morals yet no absolutes! Because what is implied is their morals may change on a whim. And that's as disturbing as anything, if not more so, than Donald J. says!

Excluded-middle fallacy spotted -- changes aren't necessarily whimsical.

Surely you weren't expecting honesty at this point?

I mean, there's the ol' personal incredulity in there, too, not to mention the appeal to consequences.
(and is an ad Trump the low-energy loser version of an ad Hitler?)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-03-2016, 01:06 PM
(18-03-2016 09:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support--but will anyone here admit to being an atheist voting for Trump? Or do you all fear peer pressure here that much?

Another example of excluded-middle thinking.
24-03-2016, 01:16 PM
(24-03-2016 12:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Excluded-middle fallacy spotted -- changes aren't necessarily whimsical.

Surely you weren't expecting honesty at this point?

Oh, I know better than that, just wanted to sound smart for a change. Smile
24-03-2016, 01:16 PM
(14-03-2016 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Odd that religious leaders are strangely silent about the hate and violence that Donald Trump spews. I mean, you'd think these Christians would be front and center denouncing this insane man.

Aw, what am I thinking! Facepalm This is religion were talking about. Of course they're not going to condemn Donald Trump. Of course they're going to look the other way, besides he'd fit perfectly in the Old Testament. Silly, silly me, expecting morality from religion. Dodgy

Mormons support Ted Cruz. Big win for him in Utah!!!

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Q:How do you protest Donald Trump?
A: You go to vote for another person(someone you support)
This is what civilized people do.

24-03-2016, 01:20 PM
I am a Free Thinker and I support Donald Trump. Q, you have a point when it comes to social pressure. Most Americans I know who rejected religion are leftist.

I am not at all surprised that the only thing anyone on the left has to say about Trump, is that he is a sexist, racist, homophobe! The only person in the thread who asks for an example gets nothing but a deflection and an un-cited quote?

No thanks. I don't buy it.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
24-03-2016, 01:22 PM
(24-03-2016 01:20 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I am a Free Thinker and I support Donald Trump. Q, you have a point when it comes to social pressure. Most Americans I know who rejected religion are leftist.

I am not at all surprised that the only thing anyone on the left has to say about Trump, is that he is a sexist, racist, homophobe! The only person in the thread who asks for an example gets nothing but a deflection and an un-cited quote?

No thanks. I don't buy it.

Why do you support him? why? why?

24-03-2016, 01:32 PM
(24-03-2016 01:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do you support him? why? why?

I support him because I hate both political parties and the political correctness they endorse. I want to watch the party establishment scramble for an identity after he bulldozes them.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx