Church leaders and Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: Church leaders and Donald Trump
(24-03-2016 01:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  Mormons support Ted Cruz. Big win for him in Utah!!!

You did not just use the phrase "big win" with "Utah" in the same sentence.

[Image: cruz.png]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-03-2016, 01:41 PM
(24-03-2016 01:32 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do you support him? why? why?

I support him because I hate both political parties and the political correctness they endorse. I want to watch the party establishment scramble for an identity after he bulldozes them.

I'm amazed at people who think this will happen.. scramble for what? They will carry on status quo. They already have a president they literally agreed to fight at all costs when entering presidency. They'll lose an election of the president and that will just keep things going on as already.

The "fracture" is from Ted Cruz like tea party people that existed more. If you wanted i to scramble and re-establish itself he's the choice. Him and the 15% percent or so of the congress part that is as aggressive as Cruz are the shake-up group. They might actually have to readjust and commit to embracing those guys if Cruz wins and aids that group with more power.

With Trump in power, they're mad they lost the primary but it will be status quo by that point sticking to the same fractured ideas.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-03-2016, 01:47 PM
@ClydeLee

Obviously, I can't know for certain in advance. However, I think its a good sign that both parties hate him.

Political correctness is the main point for me. I can't rely on the radical changes to the party structure that I really want. Still, I have nothing to lose. Things can always just carry on as they have.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
24-03-2016, 01:50 PM
(24-03-2016 01:47 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Political correctness is the main point for me. I can't rely on the radical changes to the party structure that I really want. Still, I have nothing to lose. Things can always just carry on as they have.

How would you define "political correctness"?

Why does it matter to you?

... this is my signature!
24-03-2016, 02:03 PM
(16-03-2016 09:20 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Now, if only I believed TTA'ers who say they have morals yet no absolutes! Because what is implied is their morals may change on a whim.

Well a person's personal beliefs in right and wrong are certainly subject to change.

Change on a whim is overstating it though.

It's not like a person on Monday thinks it is bad to rape others but then on Tuesday morning they think it is good to rape others.

You would need to get to know that person, get to understand what their personal values are. If they value human happiness and peace rather than conflict and pain then they are likely to consider rape as bad. This belief won't change on Tuesday morning as long as they keep their underlying values.

But what it does mean, is that this person is open to conversation and consideration as long as your argument is on point. Perhaps you can convince them that non human animals are also susceptible to pain and that they could become a vegetarian or a vegan and seek to avoid harm on other animals as well.

Or perhaps you could convince them to be pro-life or pro-choice given a decent enough argument. They might listen and then make up their own minds.

Rather than some Christians who are lost and have no belief in themselves and seek advice from people they perceive as moral authorities such as their church leaders etc.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
24-03-2016, 02:20 PM
(24-03-2016 02:03 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Well a person's personal beliefs in right and wrong are certainly subject to change.

Change on a whim is overstating it though.

Believers in divine command being, ironically, the exception.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-03-2016, 02:58 PM
(24-03-2016 12:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't think anyone here has actually advocated that. Consider

I'm precisely as serious as birdguy was.

He said when threatened with actual harm by Muslims the response should be overwhelming.
So, no, he was not referring to "one big indistinguishable faceless horde".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 03:09 PM
(24-03-2016 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:41 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm precisely as serious as birdguy was.

He said when threatened with actual harm by Muslims the response should be overwhelming.

No? When "Muslims" say something we should retaliate against "Muslims"? When "they" do something to "us" we need to do something worse back to "them"?

... That doesn't strike you as being maybe a little overly broad?

24-03-2016, 03:14 PM
(24-03-2016 03:09 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  He said when threatened with actual harm by Muslims the response should be overwhelming.

No? When "Muslims" say something we should retaliate against "Muslims"? When "they" do something to "us" we need to do something worse back to "them"?

No, as the Muslims he's referring to are clearly the Muslims doing the threatening.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 03:16 PM
(24-03-2016 03:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 03:09 PM)cjlr Wrote:  No? When "Muslims" say something we should retaliate against "Muslims"? When "they" do something to "us" we need to do something worse back to "them"?

No, as the Muslims he's referring to are clearly the Muslims doing the threatening.

"Clearly" is wishful thinking at best.

I've never heard that sort of rhetoric from someone who meant it so narrowly.