Church leaders and Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Church leaders and Donald Trump
(18-03-2016 09:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Interesting. Trump isn't my candidate of choice. I like Cruz AND Sanders better. Now you can say that most supporters of Trump AND Sanders and Clinton and Cruz are Christian, by population. Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support--but will anyone here admit to being an atheist voting for Trump? Or do you all fear peer pressure here that much?

Not everyone here is American. America is NOT the center of the universe. Got over yourself.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-03-2016, 03:25 PM
(24-03-2016 03:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 03:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, as the Muslims he's referring to are clearly the Muslims doing the threatening.

"Clearly" is wishful thinking at best.

I've never heard that sort of rhetoric from someone who meant it so narrowly.

The syntax of the English language makes it clear.

Now, he may or may not have meant it narrowly or broadly but you are interpreting it in the worst possible light.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 03:31 PM
(24-03-2016 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 03:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "Clearly" is wishful thinking at best.

I've never heard that sort of rhetoric from someone who meant it so narrowly.

The syntax of the English language makes it clear.

No. It doesn't.

(24-03-2016 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  Now, he may or may not have meant it narrowly or broadly...

... In which case it wasn't made clear.

(24-03-2016 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  ... but you are interpreting it in the worst possible light.

I was sarcastically highlighting a more extreme interpretation with a view towards showing how ambiguous phrasing is unhelpful.

... this is my signature!
24-03-2016, 03:38 PM
(24-03-2016 03:31 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  The syntax of the English language makes it clear.

No. It doesn't.

(24-03-2016 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  Now, he may or may not have meant it narrowly or broadly...

... In which case it wasn't made clear.

(24-03-2016 03:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  ... but you are interpreting it in the worst possible light.

I was sarcastically highlighting a more extreme interpretation with a view towards showing how ambiguous phrasing is unhelpful.

I disagree that the phrasing was as ambiguous as you aver.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2016, 04:35 PM
(24-03-2016 01:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  Mormons support Ted Cruz. Big win for him in Utah!!!

You did not just use the phrase "big win" with "Utah" in the same sentence.

[Image: cruz.png]

ha-ha-ha that is so funny.
they do look similar.
Ted Cruz 2016
In Utah Mormons choose Cruz and dump Trump. This is the point.
This is how Mormons speak out against Trump.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-03-2016, 05:05 PM
(24-03-2016 01:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  How would you define "political correctness"?

Why does it matter to you?

Political Correctness is an ideological code of conduct that discourages and punishes particular kinds of speech. It is a form of political shaming and censorship.

For example, I don't agree that Islamic terrorism is ideologically instigated by only a few extremists. I think the majority of Islamic culture around the world is morally reprehensible. Sharia, the murder of homosexuals, the beating, raping, and torturing of women, genital mutilation, honor killings, etc. There is an appalling silence of assent in the Muslim majority countries on these issues, and a disturbing refusal to criticize these practices in the United States, especially on the political left.

There is a legitimate argument to be made that these Islamic cultural norms are justified by a straightforward reading of the Koran and Hadith. Yet, I can't say what I just said on twitter, facebook, or at my University without facing bullshit charges of "hate speech" or "racism".

It matters to me because Feminism, Islamic culture, and social justice movements such as "Black Lives Matter" are important and relevant examples of where our culture is going very wrong. I should be able to express my views, which are in opposition to them, freely. Since a difference of opinion on political issues is "racism" nowadays, it doesn't matter that I am an egalitarian. I might as well say what I really think, with vigor, because the progressive witch hunt is coming either way.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
24-03-2016, 05:14 PM
(24-03-2016 05:05 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  How would you define "political correctness"?

Political Correctness is an ideological code of conduct that discourages and punishes particular kinds of speech. It is a form of political shaming and censorship.

For example, I don't agree that Islamic terrorism is ideologically instigated by only a few extremists. I think the majority of Islamic culture around the world is morally reprehensible. Sharia, the murder of homosexuals, the beating, raping, and torturing of women, genital mutilation, honor killings, etc. There is an appalling silence of assent in the Muslim majority countries on these issues, and a disturbing refusal to criticize these practices in the United States, especially on the political left.

There is a legitimate argument to be made that these Islamic cultural norms are justified by a straightforward reading of the Koran and Hadith. Yet, I can't say what I just said on twitter, facebook, or at my University without facing bullshit charges of "hate speech" or "racism".

It matters to me because Feminism, Islamic culture, and social justice movements such as "Black Lives Matter" are important and relevant examples of where our culture is going very wrong. I should be able to express my views, which are in opposition to them, freely. Since a difference of opinion on political issues is "racism" nowadays, it doesn't matter that I am an egalitarian. I might as well say what I really think, with vigor, because the progressive witch hunt is coming either way.

I'm failing to see how one calling that "witch hunting" and "wrong" is at all different than "racist" "hate speech"... they're both being fine and able to be expressed. Then, again all of these labeling ideas are mostly meaningless to me. Being considered or labeled x in the eye of another is rather unconcerning to a rando like me.

I get it, I just don't believe people buy into trump. He approaches things far more phony and calculated than people seem to respect when they're on his he's not politically correct. He is totally working the concept and system like an actor. When you routinely pull the, i have a thought, oh no i shouldn't say it, oh i will.. no no i can't, i shouldn't.. oops i said it.. okay so i said it, i didn't say it, or i don't mean it but it was said. That's just being a typical politician 101 but somehow people see it from him as a different thing, as a real anti-political norm thing. People just say he is or will agree to it but I don't see anyone dissecting it. That's why I asked about it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-03-2016, 05:29 PM
(24-03-2016 01:32 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why do you support him? why? why?

I support him because I hate both political parties and the political correctness they endorse. I want to watch the party establishment scramble for an identity after he bulldozes them.
Donald Trump is establishment. But trumpiens do not care.

24-03-2016, 05:43 PM
(24-03-2016 01:50 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:47 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  Political correctness is the main point for me. I can't rely on the radical changes to the party structure that I really want. Still, I have nothing to lose. Things can always just carry on as they have.

How would you define "political correctness"?

Political correctness is a way left(liberal activists) attack free speech.
If I say "illegals" I will be shamed and I will be called "racist" by the left(liberal activists).
I want to rebel, on purpose I will NEVER say "undocumented democrat" oops "undocumented immigrant". I will say "illegals, illegals, illegals"

If I say "radical MUSLIM or Islamist" I will be shamed by the left (liberal activists) and I will be called "islamophobe".
So, left will suppress my free speech by shaming me and by calling me names.
I will protest, I will say "radical MUSLIMS" on purpose.
Screw liberals with their stupid political correctness and with their safe spaces, and with their offended feelings.
I don't like Trump's style but it makes me feel good when he makes liberal activists and political correctness fans angry.
Yes, screw PC.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
24-03-2016, 05:49 PM
(24-03-2016 05:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 01:32 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I support him because I hate both political parties and the political correctness they endorse. I want to watch the party establishment scramble for an identity after he bulldozes them.
Donald Trump is establishment. But trumpiens do not care.

What's "The Establishment"?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.