Church leaders and Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 06:52 PM
RE: Church leaders and Donald Trump
(24-03-2016 05:49 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 05:29 PM)Alla Wrote:  Donald Trump is establishment. But trumpiens do not care.

What's "The Establishment"?

corrupt politicians who work for themselves and not for the people.
Hillary is one of them. Obama is one of them, Bush is one of them, Romney is one of them, Karl Rove is one of them, Pelosi is one of them.
Cruz and Sanders are not establishment. They will work for the people. They work for the people.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2016, 06:03 AM
(24-03-2016 12:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 12:29 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  If we had a way to precision-strike terrorists while avoiding innocents, I'd be inclined to agree.

Clearly you're naive!

The only way to deal with "those people" (and remember, they're all one big indistinguishable faceless horde anyway!) is with retaliation so disproportionate it's a war crime.

That'll keep us safe.

Yes, in this case overwhelming force and yes overkill is the answer.
25-03-2016, 06:12 AM
(24-03-2016 06:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 05:49 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  What's "The Establishment"?

Hillary is one of them. Obama is one of them, Bush is one of them, Romney is one of them, Karl Rove is one of them, Pelosi is one of them.
Cruz and Sanders are not establishment. They will work for the people. They work for the people.

I agree with you on what the establishment is. I disagree that Trump is one of them. Trump is funding himself and promoting himself. If he gets in, he will not be a slave to those that own the other candidates. They are owned completely and nothing they talk about doing will ever happen because it is not the will of the owners. They are the establishment. A vote for them is throwing away your vote, since they are nothing more than rich puppets.
25-03-2016, 07:06 AM
(24-03-2016 06:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 05:49 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  What's "The Establishment"?

Politicians are The People™,chosen from among The People™ to speak for The People™. A politician is nothing more or less than a direct reflection of the fickle, petulant, and abhorrent corruption that is The People™.

I'd advise against putting The People™ on a pedestal. You avoid a lot of disappointment that way.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
25-03-2016, 07:20 AM
This thread seems to be in the wrong section. A move to the Politics subforum may be in order.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
25-03-2016, 07:22 AM
(25-03-2016 07:06 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 06:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  corrupt politicians who work for themselves and not for the people.

Politicians are The People™,chosen from among The People™ to speak for The People™. A politician is nothing more or less than a direct reflection of the fickle, petulant, and abhorrent corruption that is The People™.

I'd advise against putting The People™ on a pedestal. You avoid a lot of disappointment that way.

If by the people, you mean used as puppet by the upper 1% then we agree on something. The politicians are so far removed from the rest of us, they might as well be from another planet.
25-03-2016, 01:11 PM
(18-03-2016 09:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Now you can say that most supporters of Trump AND Sanders and Clinton and Cruz are Christian, by population. Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support [...]

Not so. According to Pew Research [2014]: Only a little over half (53%) of US respondents surveyed said religion was "very" important. Additionally, 22% said religion is "not too important" or "not at all important" in their lives. The decline in the share of Americans who say religion is very important in their lives is closely tied to the growth of the religiously unaffiliated, whose share of the population has risen from 16% to 23% since 2007.

Here in Australia, the 2011 census reported atheists as 22.3% of the population, with a further 9.4% in the unaffiliated category. A Roy Morgan survey [2013] found that only 52.6% of Australians identified as Christian. And even worse—for the god-botherers—a 2006 study by Monash University, the Australian Catholic University and the Christian Research Association found that 52% of Australians born between 1976 and 1990 had no belief in a god.

Read this and weep Q Continuum. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-03-2016, 01:21 PM
(25-03-2016 01:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 09:22 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Now you can say that most supporters of Trump AND Sanders and Clinton and Cruz are Christian, by population. Whereas atheists are a fraction of the population and a fraction of each candidate's support [...]

Not so. According to Pew Research [2014]: Only a little over half (53%) of US respondents surveyed said religion was "very" important. Additionally, 22% said religion is "not too important" or "not at all important" in their lives. The decline in the share of Americans who say religion is very important in their lives is closely tied to the growth of the religiously unaffiliated, whose share of the population has risen from 16% to 23% since 2007.

Here in Australia, the 2011 census reported atheists as 22.3% of the population, with a further 9.4% in the unaffiliated category. A Roy Morgan survey [2013] found that only 52.6% of Australians identified as Christian. And even worse—for the god-botherers—a 2006 study by Monash University, the Australian Catholic University and the Christian Research Association found that 52% of Australians born between 1976 and 1990 had no belief in a god.

I am just guessing here, but I think Q Continuum is a troll.
25-03-2016, 01:34 PM
(25-03-2016 01:21 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(25-03-2016 01:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Not so. According to Pew Research [2014]: Only a little over half (53%) of US respondents surveyed said religion was "very" important. Additionally, 22% said religion is "not too important" or "not at all important" in their lives. The decline in the share of Americans who say religion is very important in their lives is closely tied to the growth of the religiously unaffiliated, whose share of the population has risen from 16% to 23% since 2007.

I am just guessing here, but I think Q Continuum is a troll.

Good guess. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2016, 02:25 PM
(25-03-2016 06:12 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 06:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  corrupt politicians who work for themselves and not for the people.

I agree with you on what the establishment is. I disagree that Trump is one of them. Trump is funding himself and promoting himself. If he gets in, he will not be a slave to those that own the other candidates. They are owned completely and nothing they talk about doing will ever happen because it is not the will of the owners. They are the establishment. A vote for them is throwing away your vote, since they are nothing more than rich puppets.

Trump trumpets that he has only accepted 7 million bucks so far in contributions! Self funded? Not really.