Church of the Lorem Ipsum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2015 05:55 AM by Clockwork.)
In my short time here, I've discovered that TTA is a magnet for the wondrous world of logical and scientific theists and their undeniable proofs that we as mere atheists just cannot seem to fathom.

Stop laughing. Seriously. In their honor, I am starting the Church of the Lorem Ipsum where we can share these nuggets. What sort of nugget? Anything that AlephBetSoup ever said, a lot of EGor's proofs, and Ray Comfort's love of bananas. These are not just a run-of-the-mill Poe. No, my acolytes, they believe in this gibberish.

To begin, I shall peruse Hundreds of Proofs of God while I find ways to confuse atheists.

Just a thread to share some of the confusing rants of people like Aleph, etc. Not a real church. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
20-01-2015, 08:05 AM
RE: Church of the Lorem Ipsum
(19-01-2015 08:46 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  To begin, I shall peruse Hundreds of Proofs of God while I find ways to confuse atheists.

That list is hilarious, and unfortunately all too true.

ARGUMENT FROM WOW
(1) When I look into the sky and see all the pretty stars, all those galaxies...
(2) Wow.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

In my experience they mostly boil down to
ARGUMENT FROM EASIER
(1) Science takes a lot of thought and is hard
(2) God is an easy answer
(3) Therefore, god exists

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
20-01-2015, 08:13 AM
(20-01-2015 08:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That list is hilarious, and unfortunately all too true.

ARGUMENT FROM WOW
(1) When I look into the sky and see all the pretty stars, all those galaxies...
(2) Wow.

This from one of Egor’s Minions on the other forum...I nearly spit out my coffee.

"I don't get how there are so many young people who are atheists. It's like its a fad. And when you ask them why they're an atheist, they say there's no proof of God. But I think there's lots of proof. Just look around. The trees didn’t get there just by chance. same with animals and bugs.” Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Knocks on wooden table. "God is everything. This table exists, you and I exist. Therefore, God exists." argument from a Hindu dude when I told him I was atheist

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
20-01-2015, 08:33 AM
(20-01-2015 08:22 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Knocks on wooden table. "God is everything. This table exists, you and I exist. Therefore, God exists." argument from a Hindu dude when I told him I was atheist

The table is god? You and I are god? Great! I'm going to go out and create me my own universe!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
20-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I love that list. I was laughing maniacally.
20-01-2015, 12:05 PM
My favorite:

ARGUMENT FROM HALF A WING
(1) Half of a wing is useless!
(2) Therefore, God exists.

Blink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Quote:(1) Check out the world/universe/giraffe. Isn't it complex?
(2) Only God could have made them so complex.

Me- "but look at the giraffe's unnecessarily long recurrent laryngeal nerve."

Quote:(1) Yep, needlessly complex, just like God.
(2) Therefore, God exists.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
20-01-2015, 06:28 PM
I've heard the half wing argument and arguments similar to the giraffe. Usually I hear the eye excuse.

The eye is so complex. Therefore, God.
21-01-2015, 03:48 PM
I usually hear just some mumbling, never paid any attention to what they were saying...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson