Church or Jail?!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Church or Jail?!?
Project Rose

Sex workers in Arizona are being given the choice of indoctrination or prison. This has been going on since 2011! How the hell do these people get away with this crap?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: Church or Jail?!?
[Image: dominic.jpeg]
Quote: Speaking to Al Jazeera, she said: "Once you've prostituted you can never not have prostituted. Having that many body parts, having that many body fluids near you and doing things that are freaky and weird really messes up your idea of what a relationship looks like, and intimacy."

I guess she needs to get laid.
[+] 2 users Like donotwant's post
05-03-2014, 10:43 AM
I'd like to try to start up a version of this where they send them to the church of Scientology or some other non-Christian place.

See how well it works.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
05-03-2014, 10:51 AM
(05-03-2014 10:43 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'd like to try to start up a version of this where they send them to the church of Scientology or some other non-Christian place.

See how well it works.

That idea would be about as popular as a whore in church... Angel

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
05-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Eh, the hookers can just fake their way through the program...

They've had plenty of practice Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 7 users Like War Horse's post
05-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Just wondering how this gets by the separation of Church and State. It appears they are promoting one religion over others at tax payer expense, let alone the absurdity of their tactics.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
05-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Btw forcing a choice between jail or something else sounds a lot like coercion.
Do X or we gonna put you in jail.
05-03-2014, 02:40 PM
(05-03-2014 12:33 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Just wondering how this gets by the separation of Church and State. It appears they are promoting one religion over others at tax payer expense, let alone the absurdity of their tactics.

I don't know how that works. But I do know people who have been forced into AA and not allowed either to pick their own meeting but were actually told which meeting to attend.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

05-03-2014, 02:57 PM
(05-03-2014 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 12:33 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Just wondering how this gets by the separation of Church and State. It appears they are promoting one religion over others at tax payer expense, let alone the absurdity of their tactics.

I don't know how that works. But I do know people who have been forced into AA and not allowed either to pick their own meeting but were actually told which meeting to attend.

That's changing, slowly, but we're making progress on it.

It happens because for the most part, nobody challenges it. Unconstitutional laws have been passed thousands of times and are often on the books for decades before someone steps up and says "wait a damn minute". There's no built in review process that looks at every single law and gives it constitutional approval or denial. And even when someone challenges a law, it's an insanely long process and subject to a judge's interpretations of the law.

Historically, these types of laws went unchallenged because coming out against "christian values" had been so demonized, no one wanted to rock the boat. Hell, simply putting "in god we trust" on our money is FLAGRANTLY unconstitutional, yet there it is. People have tried to challenge it, but then you have to convince a judge who may be deeply religious and we all know how well the deeply religious can do mental backflips to justify literally anything.

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
05-03-2014, 03:23 PM
(05-03-2014 12:36 PM)donotwant Wrote:  Btw forcing a choice between jail or something else sounds a lot like coercion.
Do X or we gonna put you in jail.

They are just following the lead of their deity.
[+] 2 users Like meremortal's post